Road Studs

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
GTR1400MAN

Road Studs

Postby GTR1400MAN » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 am

Well make your own headline up. We're all road studs in Suffolk. :lol:

IpswichStar Article

In a bid to slow us all down Cats Eyes are being removed and not replaced in many places across Suffolk and Norfolk. Some places the centre line is supposedly not being replaced.

And which one of the many complaints for the public get acted on? The wording of the signs! When I first saw the article I thought it had crept across from our local spoof news site (some articles have made it into the nationals :lol: ) but no, this article is true.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Gareth

Re: Road Studs

Postby Gareth » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:50 am

More information about Cat's Eyes on Wikipedia
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

fungus

Postby fungus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:18 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:Well make your own headline up. We're all road studs in Suffolk. :lol:

IpswichStar Article

In a bid to slow us all down Cats Eyes are being removed and not replaced in many places across Suffolk and Norfolk. Some places the centre line is supposedly not being replaced.

And which one of the many complaints for the public get acted on? The wording of the signs! When I first saw the article I thought it had crept across from our local spoof news site (some articles have made it into the nationals :lol: ) but no, this article is true.

Oh dear. :(

Highways authorities are guilty of deliberately engineering in confusion. It slows drivers down, and then, when they act impusively and cause an acciden,t there is a good excuse to reduce the speed limit.

May be Suffolk and Norfolk councils will re think their stupidity when accident rates go up, but I doubt it. :roll:

Nigel, in militant mood.

jont-

Postby jont- » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Well, better they're removing the centre line than adding a double white line or lowering the speed limit.

Horse

Postby Horse » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:16 pm

Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Horse wrote:Image

Excellent! :lol:
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

fungus

Postby fungus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:43 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:
Horse wrote:Image

Excellent! :lol:

+1 :lol: :lol:

waremark

Postby waremark » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Explain, do you prefer not to have reflective road studs?

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:02 pm

waremark wrote:Explain, do you prefer not to have reflective road studs?

Which comment is this aimed at? I'm not sure what you are asking.

I'd prefer to have centre lines and cat's eyes suitably maintained and renewed as required.

Pontoneer

Postby Pontoneer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:01 pm

What a load of PC nonsense !

Given that Cats Eyes are a British invention and used worldwide ( the devices are universally referred to as such , so it is a generic term , much like 'Hoover' or 'Biro' ) then I would expect everyone in every civilised English-speaking country to be familiar with the term - unlike 'road studs' which is an expression I'd never heard before !

If someone said 'road studs' to me , I'd be put in mind of the square , shiny metal studs that are sometimes used to mark out pedestrian crossings or other features instead of paint .

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”