ROSPA Magazine - Readers Questions

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
GTR1400MAN

ROSPA Magazine - Readers Questions

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:33 pm

This is a magazine dedicated and sent to people who have passed their advanced test (bronze, silver or gold). I despair.

From this month's magazine. Q. Many drivers these days ignore the proper use of mini roundabouts by going straight over them or to the right of them. What is the correct way to use them?

(For the sake of balance, the IAM mag used to have loads of these too :( )
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

jont-

Re: ROSPA Magazine - Readers Questions

Postby jont- » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Correct as in legal, or correct as in "will cause least confusion to other motorists"?

superplum

Postby superplum » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:54 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:This is a magazine dedicated and sent to people who have passed their advanced test (bronze, silver or gold).

No it isn't! RoADAR members are included in the distribution but it is a RoSPA road safety publication. The RoADAR input is often scant andI suspect that all RoADAR drivers and riders feel the same way though!

:roll:

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:36 am

superplum wrote:... I suspect that all RoADAR drivers and riders feel the same way though!

Every one I've ever spoken to, does! :(
Nick

devonutopia

Postby devonutopia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Is "pretend it's not there" a valid approach to mini roundabouts? :D

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:35 pm

superplum wrote:
GTR1400MAN wrote:This is a magazine dedicated and sent to people who have passed their advanced test (bronze, silver or gold).

No it isn't! RoADAR members are included in the distribution but it is a RoSPA road safety publication. The RoADAR input is often scant andI suspect that all RoADAR drivers and riders feel the same way though!

I thought the content was all ROADAR, delivered to all ROSPA members who are ROADAR test passes, and available to others if they pay for it (ROSPA members £17.50, non-members £20!)
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

hir

Postby hir » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:59 pm

devonutopia wrote:Is "pretend it's not there"... [a valid approach to mini roundabouts?] :D

I thought you were going to say... pretend it's not there is a valid approach to the magazine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are only two types of brown envelopes I receive each year. One from HMRC and the other from RoADAR... I try to pretend that neither of them are there. :shock:

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”