BGOL question

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
waremark

Re: BGOL question

Postby waremark » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:46 am

dvenman wrote:
Horse wrote:
dvenman wrote:To me, BG separation is about smoothness. I can change gear while braking, but the engine / road speed mismatch gives me a lurch I dislike. So I choose to not BGOL. And if an associate wants me to mentor them into smoothness, then separation is a skill they need to know, IMO.

So if it can be done without a 'lurch', you'd be content?

Yes - but my driving style means that H&T in the soft top (petrol) and BG separation on the Golf (diesel) is the only way so far I've found to do it.

I *very* occasionally don't use the gas when changing down, but it's when I've adopted a more relaxed style for the day or the moment.

So talking about associates - are you saying that you teach H & T?

dvenman

Re: BGOL question

Postby dvenman » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:53 am

waremark wrote:
dvenman wrote:
Yes - but my driving style means that H&T in the soft top (petrol) and BG separation on the Golf (diesel) is the only way so far I've found to do it.

I *very* occasionally don't use the gas when changing down, but it's when I've adopted a more relaxed style for the day or the moment.

So talking about associates - are you saying that you teach H & T?

I keep H&T for myself. Partly because it's a new skill to me, partly because in a standard RoSPA/IAM drive, I'm trying to toe the perceived party line.
Last edited by dvenman on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”