ROSPA - "you need a police background to get gold"

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
fungus

Re: ROSPA - "you need a place background to get gold"

Postby fungus » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:04 pm

devonutopia wrote:
Smeeagain wrote:I love the fact that you got pulled 'a couple of times', thus ignoring the first pull! That made me laugh out loud !

I was young and clueless. Much wiser now. It wasn't until I was pulled and ACTUALLY fined that I put a normal plate on :help:

And thanks Nick :gear: :steering: A very succinct description of myself and my motor :racing:

Is it up to 300BHP yet?

Nigel.

ratty

Re: ROSPA - "you need a police background to get gold"

Postby ratty » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:09 am

Have you contacted RoSPA about your concerns?

Smeeagain

Postby Smeeagain » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:19 pm

ratty wrote:Have you contacted RoSPA about your concerns?

Yes I did. My local head tutor initially was a little bit head in the sand, but I pointed out that regardless of whether he meant it or not, the test had been compromised in ny head. It was switched back to the original tutor (who conducted the test today and awarded me a silver). The head tutor didnt want to take it any further for fear of losing an examiner. Today's examiner said he was aware of the comments and did not agree with what had been said about needing a police background but he clearly didn't want to go into it any further.

Smee

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:08 am

I think ratty probably meant RoSPA Head Office. Talking to your local tutors (your terminology is a bit confused so hard to work out who's who - for instance tutors don't conduct tests) is very unlikely to have any effect*

* Neither is talking to Head Office, to be frank, especially with the current "Chief Examiner" :(
Nick

Smeeagain

Postby Smeeagain » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:18 am

Yes, I understood what he meant but I felt it appropriate to go 'through the channels'. fF for no other reason to give folk a chance and have no criticism levelled at me for having gone over folks heads. I wanted to get the test out of the way and may well take it up with the head office, although Im not sure it will get me anywhere particularly since I was given the info second hand and it wasn't written down anywhere

Smee

martine

Postby martine » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:12 am

Even if HQ don't act straightaway...it can only help if others have the same experience.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Smeeagain

Postby Smeeagain » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:38 pm

Indeed

Smee

devonutopia

Re: ROSPA - "you need a place background to get gold"

Postby devonutopia » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:58 pm

fungus wrote:
devonutopia wrote:
Smeeagain wrote:I love the fact that you got pulled 'a couple of times', thus ignoring the first pull! That made me laugh out loud !

I was young and clueless. Much wiser now. It wasn't until I was pulled and ACTUALLY fined that I put a normal plate on :help:

And thanks Nick :gear: :steering: A very succinct description of myself and my motor :racing:

Is it up to 300BHP yet?

Nigel.

Did 315bhp about 3 years ago but its a little bit sketchy at the moment so think it needs a winter engine rebuild (2 litre bottom end) and aiming for 350 (without laughing gas) and 400 with laughing gas.

waremark

Postby waremark » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I think ratty probably meant RoSPA Head Office. Talking to your local tutors (your terminology is a bit confused so hard to work out who's who - for instance tutors don't conduct tests) is very unlikely to have any effect*

* Neither is talking to Head Office, to be frank, especially with the current "Chief Examiner" :(

The current 'Chief Examiner'???

Smeeagain

Postby Smeeagain » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:34 am

I think I read somewhere that that post is held by an admin person and not an examiner, and the person may not even have sat the advanced test.....?

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”