I passed my advanced test today.

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
martine

Re: I passed my advanced test today.

Postby martine » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Silk wrote:...It's just a shame there are some on here who are too quick to denigrate what they consider to be beneath them...

Eh? Have I missed something?
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Rainmaker

Postby Rainmaker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:15 pm

martine wrote:
Silk wrote:...It's just a shame there are some on here who are too quick to denigrate what they consider to be beneath them...

I was thinking the same thing. :?:

Mini Spirit

Postby Mini Spirit » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Thanks guys. Rainmaker, I love that your motto. (Remember the lesson, not the mistake)
IAM F1RST

Rainmaker

Postby Rainmaker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Mini Spirit wrote:Thanks guys. Rainmaker, I love that your motto. (Remember the lesson, not the mistake)

It's not mine but I do like it. I'm a self-beater-upper and a serial mind replayer so it seemed apt lol. :lol:

Mini Spirit

Postby Mini Spirit » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:01 pm

It reminded me of what the examiner said, he said I'm not looking for mistakes, I'm looking for repeated faults, in the system of car control.
IAM F1RST

Rainmaker

Postby Rainmaker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Mini Spirit wrote:It reminded me of what the examiner said, he said I'm not looking for mistakes, I'm looking for repeated faults, in the system of car control.

With a F1rst you mustn't have had any. Congrats again. 8-)

Mini Spirit

Postby Mini Spirit » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Rainmaker wrote:
Mini Spirit wrote:It reminded me of what the examiner said, he said I'm not looking for mistakes, I'm looking for repeated faults, in the system of car control.

With a F1rst you mustn't have had any. Congrats again. 8-)

Thanks. One of my faults is turning in to early on right hand bends, I think it may have something to do with my biker days. :o
IAM F1RST

waremark

Postby waremark » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:42 am

martine wrote:

Presumably Silk suggests a little more focus on congratulations on a great achievement, as opposed to how much further there is to travel:

"Well done the start of a long enjoyable journey"

As it happens, the OP seems keen to travel further.

Rainmaker

Postby Rainmaker » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:46 am

waremark wrote:
martine wrote:

Presumably Silk suggests a little more focus on congratulations on a great achievement, as opposed to how much further there is to travel:

"Well done the start of a long enjoyable journey"

As it happens, the OP seems keen to travel further.

I did consider he might mean that. Given I'm one of the people suggesting the OP treat it as the beginning not the end of his AD journey, and I only started RoSPA/RoADAR last week, I don't see the problem. It's hardly 'beneath me' when I haven't even got it yet. :lol:

waremark

Postby waremark » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:54 am

For the vast majority of people who take IAM or Rospa tests obtaining a First or Gold is the height of their ambition. It is only a tiny minority, well represented here, who pursue some sort of virtuoso motoring Nirvana. As it happens, Masters is encouraging more people along this path.

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”