I passed my advanced test today.

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
fengpo

Re: I passed my advanced test today.

Postby fengpo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:39 am

All the comments have been supportive. I meant good intentions with my post. No one is beneath me in my mind.

Silk

Postby Silk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:05 pm

waremark wrote:
martine wrote:
Silk wrote:...It's just a shame there are some on here who are too quick to denigrate what they consider to be beneath them...

Eh? Have I missed something?

Presumably Silk suggests a little more focus on congratulations on a great achievement, as opposed to how much further there is to travel:

"Well done the start of a long enjoyable journey"

As it happens, the OP seems keen to travel further.

It's not really what I meant. I was actually referring to one or two individuals who are dismissive of traditional AD at any level and come across as if they're above it all. I suggest you don't have to look far to know to whom I refer.

I've gone quite a way along the journey myself and still have a way to go, but I've never been as chuffed to bits as I was when I first passed the IAM test.

Anyone who looks down on those who take an advance driving course should go stick their head in a bucket as far as I'm concerned. ;-)

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Silk wrote:
waremark wrote:
martine wrote:
Silk wrote:...It's just a shame there are some on here who are too quick to denigrate what they consider to be beneath them...

Eh? Have I missed something?

Presumably Silk suggests a little more focus on congratulations on a great achievement, as opposed to how much further there is to travel:

"Well done the start of a long enjoyable journey"

As it happens, the OP seems keen to travel further.

It's not really what I meant. I was actually referring to one or two individuals who are dismissive of traditional AD at any level and come across as if they're above it all. I suggest you don't have to look far to know to whom I refer.

I've gone quite a way along the journey myself and still have a way to go, but I've never been as chuffed to bits as I was when I first passed the IAM test.

Anyone who looks down on those who take an advance driving course should go stick their head in a bucket as far as I'm concerned. ;-)

I agree I was chuffed when I passed my IAM test. No problem with the IAM personally. Some people on all forums I am on discredit others; yet I find these are the people who never participate in the real world.

Adamxck

Postby Adamxck » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:22 pm

I'm late to the party, but congratulations.

I can't say I was happy that I passed because initially I thought I had failed. A few days later, they told me I had in fact passed and I felt like I cheated, so it was a hollow feeling.

As some other people have said, it's a base from which to improve. I'd like to think I've improved sufficiently since then that I could pass 'properly' if I were to retake the test tomorrow and I've not seen my observer since.
Adam.

Mini Spirit

Postby Mini Spirit » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Adamxck wrote:I'm late to the party, but congratulations.

I can't say I was happy that I passed because initially I thought I had failed. A few days later, they told me I had in fact passed and I felt like I cheated, so it was a hollow feeling.

As some other people have said, it's a base from which to improve. I'd like to think I've improved sufficiently since then that I could pass 'properly' if I were to retake the test tomorrow and I've not seen my observer since.
Adam, can I ask why you felt that you had failed?
IAM F1RST

Adamxck

Postby Adamxck » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:13 pm

You can.

I was travelling at the nsl several hundred yards before I passed the nsl sign, which wasnt even visable at the point at which I started accelerating.

I figured I was illegal for such a distance, despite it being perfectly safe (which was my argument during the debrief) that there was no way Id pass. I also assumed my observation would get marked down significantly. My examiner also made some comments about the speed which I assumed meant I would be booking a retest, rather than getting a pass.
Adam.

Mini Spirit

Postby Mini Spirit » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:46 pm

To cheat you must have done something dishonestly, as it was you simply made a mistake, on your test. & we all make mistakes every time we drive, So I can see perfectly well why the examiner passed you, he saw exactly that a mistake.

There's no such thing as perfection, but there's no reason why we shouldn't all aim for it.

Stew.
IAM F1RST

jcochrane
Location: Surrey-Kent borders and wherever good driving roads are.

Postby jcochrane » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:44 pm

Mini Spirit wrote:Thanks Guys. I'm intending to do my Masters this year.

Well done on getting a F1RST and great to see your enthusiasm in going for Masters.

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”