Live Fast, Drive Hard - My RoSPA Diary

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
Pontoneer

Re: Live Fast, Drive Hard - My RoSPA Diary

Postby Pontoneer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:28 pm

superplum wrote:
Mini Spirit wrote:Excellent Diary, keep up the good work, I'm shocked about BGOL with ROSPA, I always thought they was more strict about that the IAM.

Stew.

Must be a local or individual policy - it's not national!
8-)

Just reading through this thread , after 'rejoining' .

Was out with a couple of instructors from Tulliallan a couple of years back , and they now teach BGOL as allowable in certain circumstances : tight left turn off downhill main road . They now accept it can be pedantic more than anything to brake from NSL downhill in top gear to turn left at low speed and reach turning speed without at least declutching before taking the gear in time for the turn .

Of course , for us automatic drivers it isn't a problem :D

Pontoneer

Postby Pontoneer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Strangely Brown wrote:
chriskay wrote:I thought so too until a few years ago when I was re-tested by an examiner from the ambulance service.

Did they have a former life as a police officer though?

RoADAR website wrote:The test lasts around 45 to 70 minutes, and is taken with a RoSPA Examiner, all of whom are serving or retired Police Officers in the UK.

I had one retest with a Fire Service instructor/examiner. He just happened to be a former head of the local Police Driving school.

I work for Fire Service now , and two of our instructors are ex Police Class 1 traffic guys . We also have a DVSA examiner on staff .

Pontoneer

Postby Pontoneer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Rainmaker wrote:I stopped posting on the forum, but just an update and some closure for those who cared and followed the start of my journey. I had my first test today finally (more kidney surgery and the birth of daughter number 2 intervened in the last few months). I'm pleased to say the result was a Gold. I shan't share the examiner's comments but suffice to say I'm a very happy chap today after the feedback I received. :) Onwards and upwards...

Congratulations . Very pleased for you !

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”