Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
hir

Re: Live Fast, Drive Hard - My RoSPA Diary

Postby hir » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Congratulations.

Rainmaker

Postby Rainmaker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:Very well done.

Thanks Nick, I think I'm burnt out now haha. I'll sleep tonight that's for sure...

Rainmaker

Postby Rainmaker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:40 pm

hir wrote:Congratulations.

Oops, I missed this one on the next page. Thank you.

gannet

Postby gannet » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:08 pm

And a well done from me too.

Was a shame you stopped posting.

Rainmaker

Postby Rainmaker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks again. My group want me to continue on and do the diploma and become an observer so that'll keep the momentum going, hopefully.

ChristianAB

Postby ChristianAB » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:24 pm

Rainmaker wrote:Thanks again. My group want me to continue on and do the diploma and become an observer so that'll keep the momentum going, hopefully.

If you have the time, I would definitely encourage you to do it. If my own experience is in any way representative, it will do a lot more than keep the momentum going. Certainly, I often feel that I am learning more from helping my associates than they are learning from me :shock:
They often force me to consider situations from angles that I would have probably never considered on my own. Can't hurt.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:33 pm

I would suggest observing (tutoring in Rospa terms) is the more valuable option. The diploma will cost you over £1k, and without prior tutoring experience, is likely to be difficult to pass. Tutoring also gets you out in the real world with real people. Unless you want to teach fleet drivers (and I think you would need to do ADI as well first, if you haven't already), the diploma is just a piece of paper.
Nick

Rainmaker

Postby Rainmaker » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:09 pm

It was my group who suggested the diploma as something to work towards, as it's something they'd be willing to pay for. We only have one diploma holder at the moment and he's not sure he can continue on with the group due to his work commitments. I had my first outing with an associate last week and enjoyed it immensely; it's very different when you're sitting in the passenger seat!

superplum

Postby superplum » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Rainmaker wrote:It was my group who suggested the diploma as something to work towards, as it's something they'd be willing to pay for. We only have one diploma holder at the moment and he's not sure he can continue on with the group due to his work commitments. I had my first outing with an associate last week and enjoyed it immensely; it's very different when you're sitting in the passenger seat!

Your group must be well-funded then! If you've started tutoring, you may wish to consider working towards becoming an "Advanced Tutor" rather than just being "Approved". Much cheaper, and meets some of the diploma standards but without the formal classroom stuff. Remember, the Diploma is intended as a formal training qualification to enable teaching of AD for reward - not really necessary at Group level.
8-)

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:53 pm

superplum wrote:If you've started tutoring, you may wish to consider working towards becoming an "Advanced Tutor" rather than just being "Approved". Much cheaper, and meets some of the diploma standards but without the formal classroom stuff. Remember, the Diploma is intended as a formal training qualification to enable teaching of AD for reward - not really necessary at Group level.
8-)

What I was trying to say but much more nicely put. There used to be a "Group Diploma", which has now been replaced by Advanced Tutor. I'd still say get some tutoring under your belt first - much better to be doing the advanced qualification(s) from a sound base.
Nick

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”