Now the clocks have gone back...

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
Revian

Re: Now the clocks have gone back...

Postby Revian » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:37 pm

devonutopia wrote:But in essence, yes, in the worst conditions where I may simply not get out my estate (both ways out have a fair uphill bit) - I will walk to work, or just stay in bed....

Wow... You've got an estate. I'm in a semi-detached... I got ribbed for liking single malt. You'll get murdered for this! :D
Ian

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:58 pm

You'd think the gamekeeper'd have a LandRover he could give his Lordship a lift in ...
Nick

devonutopia

Postby devonutopia » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Haha! Ok It's not MY estate, but it is the part of town I live in and there's two sections of roughly 1 in 8 to ascend to get out to a main thoroughfare :)

Revian

Postby Revian » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:00 pm

devonutopia wrote:Haha! Ok It's not MY estate, but it is the part of town I live in and there's two sections of roughly 1 in 8 to ascend to get out to a main thoroughfare :)

No need to pretend humility... :D
Ian

Faboka

Postby Faboka » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:48 pm

are you meant to take the winter off in the summer......oops. Saying that we don't have summers.
John

CautiousD

Postby CautiousD » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Silk wrote:...where's the winter tyre thread?

Right here! :lol:

waremark

Postby waremark » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:18 am

Going on quite soon now. Actually I have to buy 2 new ones. As previously discussed otherwise we become a one car family if it snows. Stressed D once pointed out to Silk that he would not question my need if he had seen the road up to my house.

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:36 am

We've got an MX5 and a Citroen van which already has all weather tyres. The MX has Toyo Proxes which I am pleased with all year around.
In our neck of the woods we get very little snow and there are few locals competent at driving in it.
Neither vehicle will be used if it becomes very icy or there is snow. The risks of losing a favourite car and a means to a living are too great.

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:09 am

My z3 simply wouldn't be driven...
The skoda, I am not going to buy new tyres when the lease is only 2 years and it will happily remain on the current tyres for two years... It is 4x4 and I have a fair bit of experience driving in snow etc - you can just adjust your driving... I already have to this time of year with the z3 as the grip is noticeably less even if the temperature is high, due to leaves and water on the roads...
If it gets bad I will go and get the LR out of the barn :)

Alasdair

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”