Young drivers

The first test you do - organised by the government.
jont-

Re: Young drivers

Postby jont- » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:28 am

Pontoneer wrote:Discussion on the meaning of road signs is a regular thing , along with the little voice piping up from the back seat should I ever stray above the speed limit -

What a good little citizen. Next he'll be taking pictures of the speedo on the camera phone/tablet to report you to plod :roll:

I hope you're going to educate him on the difference between a safe speed and a number on a stick?

akirk

Postby akirk » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:47 am

One of my godsons is a keen mountain biker, he picked up that when he is on his bike looking ahead allows him to be planning his route and allows him to avoid tree roots etc, those who look just in front of the bike wheel have to react and then fall off! He worked out that this must be the same in driving and therefore it should be better to look further forward, plan and not react! Should make a good driver :)
Alasdair

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:19 pm

jont- wrote:
Pontoneer wrote:Discussion on the meaning of road signs is a regular thing , along with the little voice piping up from the back seat should I ever stray above the speed limit -

What a good little citizen. Next he'll be taking pictures of the speedo on the camera phone/tablet to report you to plod :roll:

I hope you're going to educate him on the difference between a safe speed and a number on a stick?

:mrgreen: I was like this when I was a kid. I was very anti-speeding until the second I turned 17, then suddenly it was all about going as fast as I can safely (mostly) go, which has led to me (ahem) "straying" above the limit

However, at 20 I still gently point out to my dad when he's speeding, but that's just because he's one of the 40 everywhere crowd and he is scarily unobservant. He thinks NSL means 50, which is a source of great irritation to me lol

Pontoneer

Postby Pontoneer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 pm

jont- wrote:

All in good time .

For now , I think it best to teach him to follow the rules - even if it means showing him I sometimes do wrong .

Return to “Learner Driving”