Seat Position

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
akirk

Re: Seat Position

Postby akirk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 am

sussex2 wrote:I can think of few cars that are properly made for someone with large feet. I can cast my mind back to the 'proper' Saab 900 but then the pedals were offset to the left which took some getting used to.

anything landrover certainly used to be - as they expected you to be wearing wellies!

Alasdair

THerald

Postby THerald » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks for all your replies I have managed to get a much more comfortable position as a result. I have moved my seat up & forward and lowered my steering wheel to keep my hands at 3-9 & bellow my hart. Sadly Bavaria’s finest engineers don’t appear to have accounted for my body shape as my head now rubs the celling and I can’t see the top of the speedo. A short term fix is to remove the grab handle to get more head space but I suspect the long term fix is a new car. I recently drove a Nissan Rouge in the US (X-trail in the UK) which was quite comfy and a Hyundai Tucson which was not to bad. Any other suggestions would be great fully received. A couple of car makes that have been comfortable in the past are Saab and Peugeot. With Ford and VW group being the least.
THerald

THerald

Postby THerald » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Sorry for digging up an old post but I think I’ve finally figured out what is going on.

I have a very long back for my hight and what appears to be happening is the top of the seat is tilted slightly forwards and therefore pushes on my shoulder blades forward. Which explains why I can’t get comfortable no matter what I try.

I discovered this when sitting in a Vauxhall Corsa and wondering why it felt so comfortable compared to my BMW. The seat back was straight!

Luckily I’ve discovered other companies also have cars with straight seat backs so I don’t have to buy a Corsa. :(

Kia Niro is very good.
THerald

RiK

Postby RiK » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:09 pm

THerald wrote:I have a very long back for my hight and what appears to be happening is the top of the seat is tilted slightly forwards and therefore pushes on my shoulder blades forward. Which explains why I can’t get comfortable no matter what I try.

Have you considered a lower back / lumbar support cushion?

Lots of options here: https://amzn.to/2FTpVFY
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

kfae8959

Postby kfae8959 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:56 pm

I am adopting "bellow my hart" as my future hunting cry!

David

Return to “General Chat”