Bought a new Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
titian

Bought a new Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

Postby titian » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:34 am

My retirement present to myself, it’s a well spec’d vehicle already but the addition of a few bells and whistles made it my ideal vehicle. The first, Pixel laser Headlights, 140 individual lights which are switched on and off automatically in response to surrounding traffic, the improved vision is quite fantastic. I also added the Vision Assist Pro package including head-up display, surround camera system, whilst discussing with the salesman that to see the road speed together with the Traffic Sign Recognition system in the head-up display is exactly what I was looking for.
I’ve had the vehicle for almost a month during which time I’ve been in contact with Land Rover customer services on numerous occasions together with the salesman whom I bought the vehicle from, why, because there is no Traffic Sign Recognition system fitted. What! That was specifically required and triggered the need to spend over £3,600 extra on the Vision Assist Pro package.
They now point to the detailed technical build specification sheets, 360 individual items where at number 183 it says “086DA Less Traffic Sign Recognition”, clearly I required the system, why was it deleted, no one is owning up to it. Customer services say it cannot be retro-fitted, is that correct? Given the high spec I already have isn’t it simply a software “switch” to enable Traffic Sign recognition?

jont-

Re: Bought a new Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

Postby jont- » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:53 am

Might be it needs an additional camera (or control ECU), so may not be as simple as a software upgrade.

/what are the odds the salesman saw "Traffic Sign Recognition" on the spec sheet and didn't notice the word "delete" ?

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:11 am

Do you have difficulty recognising traffic signs? :P

(not saying you shouldn't get something if you pay for it ...)
Nick

titian

Postby titian » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:23 am

No, but the sat nav shows the current speed limit roundel in the corner of the screen, on a section of road I use most days it shows 60 mph whilst the posted speed limit is 50 mph and has been so for a number of months now. The Traffic Sign Recognition system would display the correct limit.

RiK

Postby RiK » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:23 pm

titian wrote:They now point to the detailed technical build specification sheets, 360 individual items where at number 183 it says “086DA Less Traffic Sign Recognition”, clearly I required the system, why was it deleted, no one is owning up to it. Customer services say it cannot be retro-fitted,

Well, basically they've not actually supplied what you ordered. So you've probably got a good case to reject it and ask them to supply you a new one...
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:25 pm

Do you, by any good fortune, have any notes or email stating that as a requirement (even handwritten)? Also, check sales literature.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

crr003

Postby crr003 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:47 pm

titian wrote:My retirement present to myself, it’s a well spec’d vehicle already but the addition of a few bells and whistles made it my ideal vehicle. The first, Pixel laser Headlights, 140 individual lights which are switched on and off automatically in response to surrounding traffic, the improved vision is quite fantastic. I also added the Vision Assist Pro package including head-up display, surround camera system, whilst discussing with the salesman that to see the road speed together with the Traffic Sign Recognition system in the head-up display is exactly what I was looking for.
I’ve had the vehicle for almost a month during which time I’ve been in contact with Land Rover customer services on numerous occasions together with the salesman whom I bought the vehicle from, why, because there is no Traffic Sign Recognition system fitted. What! That was specifically required and triggered the need to spend over £3,600 extra on the Vision Assist Pro package.
They now point to the detailed technical build specification sheets, 360 individual items where at number 183 it says “086DA Less Traffic Sign Recognition”, clearly I required the system, why was it deleted, no one is owning up to it. Customer services say it cannot be retro-fitted, is that correct? Given the high spec I already have isn’t it simply a software “switch” to enable Traffic Sign recognition?

Just "built my own"
https://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl ... other.html
and for the HSE Dynamic there's an option - Drive Pack (or Drive Pro Pack):

Drive Pack
Specifics
Blind Spot Monitor
Driver Condition Monitor
Traffic Sign Recognition and Adaptive Speed Limiter
Includes features you may have already chosen elsewhere. Price may vary as a result. If shown, click on the flag below for more information.
Additional changes required
Total £510.00

Did you ask for this option - I can't see TRS via other options?

titian

Postby titian » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:38 pm

Horse - No but I did have on the day the order was placed and it was backed up by discussions with the salesman as to the "must have" additions to the basic spec of the vehicle.

crroo3 - I recall seeing this option but it was the TSR only that I was interested in from that selection and I believed that it had been covered elsewhere. Given my experience I would recommend that you go through the vehicle build specification with a fine tooth comb.

I am where I am now, no one accepting liability for the missing TSR what options do I now have, if any?

jont-

Postby jont- » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:04 pm

If you signed off the spec sheet, and there's nothing else written, I think you're stuck.

titian

Postby titian » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:16 am

It's the bit that says “086DA Less Traffic Sign Recognition” as though it was there until someone removed it. Real bad document design, why not a simple tick or cross to say yo have it or you haven't. That way it would be abundantly clear and easy to scan down the "x's".

I feel like I've been robbed and to make matters worse there has been no suggestion from Land Rover that if I were to stump up a further £500, maybe, the system can be provided, which is a poor attitude to adopt with someone who has owned four LR vehicles for some 15 years and spent significant amounts of cash in supporting the marque. :headbang:

Return to “General Chat”