What headlight bulbs?

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
IcedKiwi

Re: What headlight bulbs?

Postby IcedKiwi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:56 am

superplum wrote:Currently using Philips Xtreme +150 and +130, and H4 LED replacements without any "complaints" (so far).

Last time I looked, those H4 LED types weren't ECE approved. Has that changed?
I see you can buy the Philips Ultinon ones direct from Amazon UK now but at the bottom there's still a legal disclaimers saying check your countries regulation. There's no mention of them on them Philips UK website.
Still, at £140 a pair....

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Gareth wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:I'll also be splashing out on some new tyres in April or May, as I think the grip level on my tyres are... susuiciously low, but then they have done 16k miles and are almost 2 years old. Still plenty of tread on them though.

Maybe they're designed for a (relatively) long life and aren't at their best in cold wintery conditions? Perhaps you might wait until the tread is lower and, in the meantime, research replacements that are better suited to the range of conditions you are likely to meet.

Due to a change in circumstances I'm likely to be getting a new car in September as my sister will need a car and my parents have offered to buy the car off me for her, leaving me free to get a replacement, so I've been looking around, so probably no point buying new tyres but at the same time I wouldn't like my sister to be involved in an accident due to crap tyres. They're the special low-grip eco tyres so I suppose they're pretty crap in winter, but not had any issues last winter so uncertain what could have contributed to the sudden drop in grippyness

Anyway, I've just recieved some unexpected money so will be looking into prices etc. Car's due in for a service next week so I'll ask the garage to have a look around and make sure everything's up to spec.

jont-

Postby jont- » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:13 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote: Car's due in for a service next week so I'll ask the garage to have a look around and make sure everything's up to spec.

<shudder> I wouldn't, especially if it's a main dealer, unless you want to be fleeced for lots of unnecessary work.

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:40 pm

It's under warranty and the service is part of their service plan which meant I got the first two services as part of their finance offer, hence why I want to offload it to my sister before it's 3 years old because then I'll have to pay for the third service and all that :P

Plus I'm getting the itch for a change :oops:

Return to “General Chat”