First accident...

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Re: First accident...

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Out of interest I did some research and found the following table here:

caffeine.JPG
caffeine.JPG (34.86 KiB) Viewed 11012 times

Now I'm off to brew a cup of tea.
Nick

jont-

Postby jont- » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Mmmmm.... chocolate coated coffee beans :lol:

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:15 pm

It's an American list, obviously, but up to that point certainly interesting.
Nick

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:33 pm

The chocolate coated coffee beans must be like a slap with a wet haddock!

kfae8959

Postby kfae8959 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:26 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:
waremark wrote:Have you met up with any forum members for a drive? Where are you based now?

I haven't no. Haven't really had the time to think about advanced driving since starting university. I'm based mostly in Liverpool as I study there.

Hiya, la'!

Please do drop me a message and let me know if you'd like to go out for a run. At the moment I'm in the luxurious position of being pretty flexible with my time. I may also be able to introduce you to a young IAM member who is also a BSL user.

David

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:54 pm

I am aware that the caffiene isn't helping my sleeping, but if I go without, I'm lethargic and incapable of functioning.

It's a rather unpleasant cycle I'm stuck in. I sleep poorly due to excess caffiene consumption, so I consume caffiene to combat the tiredness that's a result of poor sleep!

kfae8959 wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:
waremark wrote:Have you met up with any forum members for a drive? Where are you based now?

I haven't no. Haven't really had the time to think about advanced driving since starting university. I'm based mostly in Liverpool as I study there.

Hiya, la'!

Please do drop me a message and let me know if you'd like to go out for a run. At the moment I'm in the luxurious position of being pretty flexible with my time. I may also be able to introduce you to a young IAM member who is also a BSL user.

David

Thank you for that lovely offer, I'll certainly bear it in mind. I'm currently up to my ears in work, and my sister uses the car most of the time and I only really have it at weekends when I need it, but when I've got some more free time I'll send you a measage!

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Sigh... So of course I go into the back of someone who can't just be honest and straightfoward.

Just had a letter put through the door of my term time address from some solictors saying the passenger in the taxi is now claiming he has whiplash and back injuries, and so the solictors are going to chase compensation.

Of course, it's all pure bollocks as the passenger's story doesn't match my story, or the driver's story. Passenger is claiming that the taxi was doing 15 to 20 mph when I hit it, which would be impossible as there was a stationary vehicle directly in front, so if the taxi was indeed doing 15 to 20 mph he would have certainly hit the vehicle in front.

The taxi company have also changed their story, now claiming I shunted the taxi forwards into a lampost, as there is damage to the front bumper. This is highly improbable as the taxi was in the middle of the lane, behind another car, so the only obstacle it could have hit would have been the car in front.

If anything, the fact my story is the only one that has remained the same just gives me more credibility. Furthermore, we also informed the insurance company of the accident before the taxi company's insurers got in touch with them, meaning we've proved ourselves to be honest people.

The insurance company have been furnished with photographs of the damage to the front of my car, which is so minor as to be unnoticable. The insurance company are sending someone to inspect it while it's in for a service so they'll have an independent expert witness who can say that the damage to my car is not significant enough to have been caused by an impact that is forceful enough to cause whiplash.

akirk

Postby akirk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:07 pm

don't worry about it initially - let the insurance company do their thing - they are much tougher now on fraudulent claims...
ultimately you don't get much choice - if you can provide them with all the info / photos then you have done your bit...

Alasdair

fungus

Postby fungus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:17 pm

Just stick to your version of events and DO NOT change them. Any inconsistancies in the other parties version of events will hopefully go against them.
Insurance companies are on to fraudulent whiplash claims.

Nigel.

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm

The other thing I find amusing about the claim for whiplash is, the claimant is saying he has whiplash and lower back injuries as a result of the accident.

However, the form sent to me also says that he has not seeked medical attention, or seeked medical advice, or has any proof that he actually is injured. I also have a text from the taxi driver to say that he offered to take the passenger to a walk in centre after the accident as he was complaining, but the passenger declined and met up with his friend instead. Now if I was in pain due to an accident, I'd be cancelling any social events and heading straight to the nearest A&E. He also took two weeks after the accident to instruct the solictors to act on his behalf. Surely that's plenty of time to get medical advice?

Basically, I am actually amused at how brazen the passenger is being in his claim, as his story doesn't match the story given to my insurance company by me or the taxi driver. The taxi company have changed the driver's story, but this is from the company. not the driver, and the passenger's version of events just doesn't match either of ours.

Complete bollocks, I say. My insurance company also think the entire claim is bollocks, and they've said they're willing to fight it in court if it comes to that. I hope not though.

Return to “General Chat”