Accessing ADHub on a mobile.

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Drew

Accessing ADHub on a mobile.

Postby Drew » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:34 am

Sorry if this is a FAQ but does anyone know of an Android app which makes the forum easier to access on a mobile? I've used Tapatalk in the past but this forum doesn't appear to be supported.

Horse

Re: Accessing ADHub on a mobile.

Postby Horse » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:10 am

I view on Chrome, so very similar to the desktop version.Is there a reason you don't want to?
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

akirk

Postby akirk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:18 am

Hi Drew,
Currently the forum does not have tapatalk installed - I have concerns about doing so due to how they work - information from the forum flows through through their systems and there is information we would prefer to keep confidential...

I will look though at other options, from a mobile focused theme to other software. We only put he forum on phpbb3 because the old forum had been on that software and I felt that in moving to a new forum familiarity would be good... but no reason not to look at options, so will do so

Alasdair

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:28 am

I use the forum in Chrome on my mobile. Works fine with the adaptive code used.

What issues are you having on your mobile.?

I agree with Alasdair about Tapatalk. Also adding any plugins to the forum increases support work and may add problems.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies. Not having problems as such, I've just found it easier in the past to access forums using the app rather than a browser. Given the concerns raised by akirk it's not worthy of further consideration unless it would benefit a lot of users.

akirk

Postby akirk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Drew wrote:Thanks everyone for the replies. Not having problems as such, I've just found it easier in the past to access forums using the app rather than a browser. Given the concerns raised by akirk it's not worthy of further consideration unless it would benefit a lot of users.

if I find a solution that we can put in place that makes it easier then I will, but it is a balance I need to consider - but don't give up all hope!
Alasdair

Return to “General Chat”