Road Ahead Closed

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
sussex2

Re: Road Ahead Closed

Postby sussex2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:02 am

Triquet wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:I would guess that it is arse covering. If they didn't have the signs out then someone would complain that they weren't warned early enough. That or crass incompetence. I'm not sure.

I think you have it one :mrgreen:

Snap!

fungus

Postby fungus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:42 pm

To avoid confusion it would be better to say SIDE ROAD CLOSED 1 mile ahead, or whatever, with an arrow in the direction of the closure.

I think it must be remembered that highways authorities like to cause confusion, it supposedly slows drivers down.

Nigel.

Horse

Postby Horse » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:30 pm

That's fine if it's the council putting the signs out. Instead, it's highly likely to be a contractor.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

JohnP

Postby JohnP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 pm

It could be the road that the sign is on is closed further ahead, (but you can pass the sign for access or to turn off before the closure).

fungus

Postby fungus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:23 pm

My understanding is that it is an offence to pass a road closed sign unless for access only is added. Road closed would indicate that the road is closed beyond that point. Road ahead closed would indicate that the road is closed further ahead, so there for it's not illegal to pass this sign as it might be a side road that's closed. Where it is confusing is where the road closed sign is for a side road, especially when it's placed just befor, but out of sight of the closed road.

Nigel.

Return to “General Chat”