Limited Slip Diffs?

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Re: Limited Slip Diffs?

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:06 am

Love that hairpin with the spectators on where he has about eight bites at it. I'm sure it's the quickest way, but it doesn't look it!
Nick

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:48 pm

And wind forward a few years.

Tarmaced over, flappy paddle changes, big sticky tyres. He makes it look like a Sunday afternoon drive in the park (in comparison to the previous video).

Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

jcochrane
Location: Surrey-Kent borders and wherever good driving roads are.

Postby jcochrane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Good use of left foot braking. :D

waremark

Postby waremark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Very exciting John.

THerald

Postby THerald » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:43 pm

I used to own a Mk1 MX5 (Grey import) with an LSD. I once hit what I assume was Diesel on a roundabout on the A14 (Cambridge services). Back stepped out suddenly and I court it quickly, smoothly pulled it back it. Very controllable car! Similar situation in my current car BMW 1-Series with open diff, I needed new trousers!! It was all over the place and very nearly put me in a traffic island. Terrifying car, to be fair it was possibly more the traction control system than the diff.

I should add I’ve been on drifting courses and used to take my MX5 on Auto tests so am well used to rear wheel drive on the limit. Not something I ever intend to find on the public road!

Saldy the LSD was the demise of the MX5, I broke it with to much clutch kicking during Auto tests so sold it as a project to a freind who put it back on the road.
THerald

Return to “General Chat”