Run flats to 'normal tyres'

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
MichaelAC

Re: Run flats to 'normal tyres'

Postby MichaelAC » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:03 pm

I changed the run flats on my R53 JCW and like the person above it has the sports + suspension which is stupidly hard. Same size tyre but deliberately went for Uniroyal Rainsport 3 (not run flats) because I know they are quite pliant, so much so that I'd not use them on most other cars.

That's helped the ride and made it less likely to bounce off the road on a corner, it's still a bit on the hard side though.

I wouldn't worry about the insurers, I doubt most will penalise you for it but you could ask them first, just in case.

sussex2

Re: Run flats to 'normal tyres'

Postby sussex2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:02 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:
sussex2 wrote:The pressure sensors are a handy way of knowing in advance.

How does that work then. Most of the sensors need you to pump the tyres up and then then re-initialise the monitoring system. If you don't know the history and that isn't done, or is done incorrectly, (i.e. when they are already too high/low) they are as good as useless. Only the ones that are set at a predefined PSI range are any good.

I imagine it's the latter. I didn't go in to the technicalities. I do remember reading somewhere that it is set at + or - 10 percent of the correct pressure.
I found the correct pressures online and adjusted the pressures. The warning light went out.

Return to “General Chat”