Classic hot hatches

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Playtent

Re: Classic hot hatches

Postby Playtent » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Playtent

Postby Playtent » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:30 pm

deleted because I can't turn the picture.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:08 pm

jont- wrote:now that Mr C-W has fixed resizing images, I can post this:

Navved for a chap in a proper 106 Rallye, but don't seem to have any digital pics.

If M and H Rally Photography ever took any photos on an event, they've been progressively uploading old stuff to their 'site so you can purchase if you want.
http://mandh-photography.co.uk/

Faboka

Postby Faboka » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:01 pm

StressedDave wrote:Did they do a road-going version of the 405 T16? I know they did a version of the 205 - 200 built with everything bar a hopped up engine to satisfy Group B regulations. IIRC the whole thing had a good sprinkling of Lotus kit (in particular an epicyclic double differential to control torque split front to rear) in it.

Yup
http://www.automobile-sportive.com/guid ... 405t16.php
John

Faboka

Postby Faboka » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I remember being very jealous of my brother-in-law's XR3i

My brothers remembers one of the footballers coming round to the local pub showing off his XR3. Then a local drug dealer turns up in his rs turbo. How football wages change. Lol
John

jont-

Postby jont- » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:20 am

WhoseGeneration wrote:If M and H Rally Photography ever took any photos on an event, they've been progressively uploading old stuff to their 'site so you can purchase if you want.
http://mandh-photography.co.uk/

:lol: All my rally photos are Andy's. I've got the good ones in print already, just not in digital.

/sadly can't see any of the events I did. Particularly memorable was the Poxihen, February one year (early 2000s) in Norfolk where I soaked him twice the same evening :oops: . Photos still came out as stunning as ever 8-)

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:11 am

Faboka wrote:
StressedDave wrote:Did they do a road-going version of the 405 T16? I know they did a version of the 205 - 200 built with everything bar a hopped up engine to satisfy Group B regulations. IIRC the whole thing had a good sprinkling of Lotus kit (in particular an epicyclic double differential to control torque split front to rear) in it.

Yup
http://www.automobile-sportive.com/guid ... 405t16.php

Ah, more of a 406 turbo than the 205T16 which was the rally car made almost civilised for the road. As well as the 205T16 you could buy a Metro 6R4 and a RS200 for the road. No idea about the various Italian Jobs though.
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

Faboka

Postby Faboka » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:57 am

Yeah nothing like the group B road cars. Just a mi16x4 with the turbo engine really. Not many made unlike the engines which you could buy direct.
John

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:21 pm

jont- wrote:
:lol: All my rally photos are Andy's. I've got the good ones in print already, just not in digital.

/sadly can't see any of the events I did. Particularly memorable was the Poxihen, February one year (early 2000s) in Norfolk where I soaked him twice the same evening :oops: . Photos still came out as stunning as ever 8-)

Crumbs, takes me back and I can't remember if we competed on that or marshalled but, iirc, it was an event with Simon T's navigation. I always thought that Simon assumed everyone else had his very detailed knowledge of Norfolk. Er, no Simon, we don't work for the Ordnance Survey like you do. I could say more but won't, mind that made him a pretty good navigator.
Lots of past stuff in boxes in the loft and it's a pain to find anything.

jont-

Postby jont- » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:28 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:
jont- wrote:

Crumbs, takes me back and I can't remember if we competed on that or marshalled but, iirc, it was an event with Simon T's navigation. I always thought that Simon assumed everyone else had his very detailed knowledge of Norfolk. Er, no Simon, we don't work for the Ordnance Survey like you do. I could say more but won't, mind that made him a pretty good navigator.
Lots of past stuff in boxes in the loft and it's a pain to find anything.

:lol: I think it almost ended up being a 12-car - weather turned nasty at the briefing and they were in 2 minds to cancel. Briefing mentioned a deep ford, which I was paying attention to right up until I saw the photo board :twisted: Spray is about 3 times the height of the car in the pic!

Return to “General Chat”