My Focus RS.

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Re: My Focus RS.

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:51 pm

1. Click "Full editor and preview" at the bottom of the thread.

2. Drag an image into this window (see alternative later):

post1.JPG
post1.JPG (85.75 KiB) Viewed 8653 times

3. Scroll down a bit and select the "Attachments" tab. If dragging didn't work, click "Add files" and select a file from your PC:

post2.jpg
post2.jpg (95.43 KiB) Viewed 8626 times

5. Click "Place inline". I've given you a clue ... :P . This places a link to the image in the post where the cursor is.

Some text appears in the window saying {attachment=0}<image name>{/attachment} (but with different brackets).

6. Click "Submit" at the bottom of this post box.

Voila! :mrgreen:

[edited to add more explicit instructions]
Nick

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Nope, it's weird but I keep dragging and "access denied", as with all my other attempts with files of the same picture from 2 sources.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:49 pm

Tried again and I get the "files too large" message.
Beats me, any ideas from others?

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:54 pm

Take one of the images above in this thread and drag from the browser to your desktop - then you know you will have an image that works...
now go into the full reply box (as shown by Nick above) and try again...
issues can be file type / file size etc.

alternatively - there is a button on the lower of Nick's images up and left from the red box - labelled 'Add files' try that!

Alasdair

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:17 pm

akirk wrote:Take one of the images above in this thread and drag from the browser to your desktop - then you know you will have an image that works...
now go into the full reply box (as shown by Nick above) and try again...
issues can be file type / file size etc.

alternatively - there is a button on the lower of Nick's images up and left from the red box - labelled 'Add files' try that!

Alasdair

Still no luck, coming Friday a good friend is round for dinner, he's a bit more savvy than me, so perhaps he'll be able to help sort.

Anyways, my Focus RS, last Saturday driving down to see my 94 year old mother for Mothers' Day. On a dual, "Bang", windscreen hit.
Bad enough to need a new windscreen. Two months, with one month not driving it and 1000 miles. I'm rather OCD, so it's about who to get to fit a new windscreen and it'll have to be a genuine Ford one. It might be a "discussion" with my insurance company or, stuff it, I'll just pay myself.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:54 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:Tried again and I get the "files too large" message.
Beats me, any ideas from others?

You need to shrink it, as I posted the other day. It's no good trying to insert huge great RAW or TIFF files, or even multi-megapixel JPGs.

Try this page to get smaller images.
Nick

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:55 am

If it helps, I looked at the sizes of previous images contained in the thread, then used photo viewer software on my computer to scale the images down to the same width - I found the default setting in the software was to automatically make the corresponding adjustment to the height. I set the width of the images for uploading to 800 pixels. This would only apply to images larger than 800 pixels, of course.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

martine

Postby martine » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 am

WhoseGeneration wrote:Anyways, my Focus RS, last Saturday driving down to see my 94 year old mother for Mothers' Day. On a dual, "Bang", windscreen hit.
Bad enough to need a new windscreen. Two months, with one month not driving it and 1000 miles. I'm rather OCD, so it's about who to get to fit a new windscreen and it'll have to be a genuine Ford one. It might be a "discussion" with my insurance company or, stuff it, I'll just pay myself.

Yes I know what you mean - I had my MK2 ST windscreen replaced twice during it's life and I was wary of non-Ford screens being offered - both were fine and seemingly identical to the OEM. It's quite possible they were indeed the same as Ford don't make windscreens of course. You may be surprised how much a windscreen costs if you offer to pay for it yourself.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

IcedKiwi

Postby IcedKiwi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:38 am

Especially the ford heated element ones.

dvenman

Postby dvenman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:33 am

martine wrote:You may be surprised how much a windscreen costs if you offer to pay for it yourself.

Indeed. When my Boxster's screen went (silly me left the wiper arm up while changing blades and opened the front boot...) AutoGlass said a "Level 3 technician" would be needed to fit the replacement.

A genuine one from Porsche is, IIRC, £400 or so. Then there's the fitting. My excess covered it for £75.

Return to “General Chat”