Let the games begin ....

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Triquet

Let the games begin ....

Postby Triquet » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:59 am

ancient

Re: Let the games begin ....

Postby ancient » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:06 am

Because with mini-roundabouts you don't have to look both ways perhaps :shock: ? Before driving across the top of the rondel :lol: .

jont-

Postby jont- » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:26 am

Much like Bristol has put traffic lights on all the bloody roundabouts. Honestly, I'm starting to wonder why we even bother with a driving test at all....
Why do we want to keep dumbing down to an ever lower common denominator. Haven't TPTB realised all it does is create an ever lower level of incompetence?

angus

Postby angus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:32 am

It wouldn't be so bad if they stopped at the give way lines at existing mini-roundabouts......

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:00 pm

It wouldn't work anyway. Mini-roundabouts are at their best when there is a reasonable balance of traffic. To put in mini's on the classic minor road / major road intersection IMHO would increase the number of incidents and would be a sure-fire recipe for some spectacular T-boning

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Wider white lines and more reflect signs so they can see them better?? WTF if you can not see it don't drive. end of

Better than mini roundabouts compulsory eye test every year for drivers over 70 with ophthalmologist required to inform on people who are no longer able to pass the basic drivers eye test. Wouldn't cost us a penny and should stop a lot of people driving who should not be.
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:59 pm

I am over 70 and I have an annual eye test for that very purpose. They are free. :shock:

jont-

Postby jont- » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Triquet wrote:I am over 70 and I have an annual eye test for that very purpose. They are free. :shock:

And while you might listen when the optician tells you you're no longer able to see well enough to drive, I suspect some don't, and the optician has no method to request the DVLA revokes a driving license.

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:22 pm

Once over 70 one has to reapply for the driving license every three years. All that is required at the moment is a declaration from the individual. It would be a very simple step and cost virtually nothing to require some form of declaration or certificate from an optician.

Then again, I can still see mini-roundabouts .... :gear:

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi I know it is a requirement to declare yourself fit, My father did it until at the request of other members of the family I went with him to his regular 12 monthly eye test at the end of the examination I acted the optician if he should still be driving the guy looked at me stunned. He was surprised my dad could see well enough to walk without bumping into things. I took the keys off him as soon as we got him home. He didnt speak to me for some time He still thought he could see well enough. His eyesight had deteriorated over a number of years he just compensated for it. I dont think he actually realised it was as bad is it was. Thats why I would suggest that if an eye test fails to meet the required standard the optician should be obliged to report it. Or that you send a certificate from the optician with you fit statement
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

Return to “General Chat”