Censorship and derailment

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Silk
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: South Glos.

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby Silk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:17 pm

akirk wrote:This place is very tolerant...
That doesn't stop people complaining :)
Alasdair
Last edited by Silk on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:01 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:23 pm

WTF?!

You don't appear to understand the concept of forums. They're not a democracy, in that the moderators have the power to tidy things up when they go awry. On the other hand, they are very democratic, in that they allow ordinary members to report things they think need moderation. What they aren't, is a platform for you to be obnoxious to all and sundry and get away with it because that's "freedom of speech".

I'm very surprised that the very mild moderation of ONE post, has led to all this unpleasantness.

Let's be clear. The only person who has moderated anything in recent days was Alasdair. Alasdair was not a moderator on AD-UK, so your argument is complete nonsense. Please re-engage your adult brain before posting more crap.
Nick

Silk
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: South Glos.

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby Silk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I'm very surprised that the very mild moderation of ONE post, has led to all this unpleasantness.
Last edited by Silk on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:01 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:53 pm

So how has that got anything whatsoever to do with the moderating team? You're just making up reasons to be disgruntled, so you can feel hard done by.
Nick

User avatar
Horse
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby Horse » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Silk wrote:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I'm very surprised that the very mild moderation of ONE post, has led to all this unpleasantness.


I'm surprised at your surprise. It wasn't so much the moderation that was the problem. It was the sneakiness of those who "complained". They should have the decency to say who they were. After all, it's supposed to be a forum.


Intentionally ironic? Perhaps create new user account under your real name?
My own views. For better or worse :)

Silk
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: South Glos.

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby Silk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:So how has that got anything whatsoever to do with the moderating team? You're just making up reasons to be disgruntled, so you can feel hard done by.
Last edited by Silk on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
akirk
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:58 pm
Location: Cotswolds

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby akirk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:14 pm

I think there is being a bit of silliness here...
tripleS in my view completely over-reacted... It was a minor issue regarding a comment being better placed in its own thread rather than de-railing another thread, however work interrupted and I was unable to let TripleS know before he had reacted, unfortunate timing perhaps, but this is a free forum moderated in their spare time by a few moderators who do so because they believe it is valuable in terms of the AD community, at no point can we guarantee that we deal with things as perfectly as we might always wish...

It was not censorship as there was never an issue about actually posting about the referendum elsewhere, it just wasn't appropriate there

I am not going to say who complained, nor is it appropriate to have a witch-hunt...

The moderation on this forum is extremely light and sensitive with moderators who are very tolerant and I would prefer to keep it that way, but if we are going to have comments like a few recently on this topic then I really will have a sense of humour failure, tolerance on this forum also means tolerance towards the moderators...

As for the comparison with ADUK, that is really silly, ADUK died because it was bought out by a commercial business, and we set up ADHub instead, it had nothing to do with moderation...

I think it has been explained enough times over the last few days that this is a non-issue blown out of proportion by TripleS... I don't think that is is constructive any longer to discuss this, we are just going around in circles... If anyone doesn't like what has happened then they are welcome to run their own forum instead :) until then this issue is now closed as it is wasting too much time I trust folk will respect that, and particularly that it will make life much easier for the moderators if we could just move on please...

I am not going to lock the thread, but I trust it will die a natural death, and any silliness will now just be removed!

:)

Alasdair

Rolyan
Posts: 619
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby Rolyan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:45 pm

akirk wrote:I am not going to lock the thread......

Good. The irony would have been too much to bear!

User avatar
akirk
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:58 pm
Location: Cotswolds

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby akirk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Rolyan wrote:
akirk wrote:I am not going to lock the thread......

Good. The irony would have been too much to bear!


I do have quite a good sense of humour... ...most of the time! :flail:
Alasdair

TripleS
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:39 pm
Location: Briggswath

Re: Censorship and derailment

Postby TripleS » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:07 am

akirk wrote:I think it has been explained enough times over the last few days that this is a non-issue blown out of proportion by TripleS...
Alasdair


Right then, ADHub is no longer on my 'favourites' list for frequent and easy access, so I guess that's that. I therefore repeat my previous request that my posts be deleted and my ADHub membership terminated.

My apologies to everyone for my part, and my failings, (whatever they may be) in this unhappy situation, but we have a clear failure to agree.

Thank you, Steve, for your understanding and support. Perhaps we shall meet elsewhere in due course. Certainly I hope so.

Best wishes,
Dave - not unaccustomed to being in a minority of one, or pretty close to it! :roll:


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests