Verges

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
GTR1400MAN

Verges

Postby GTR1400MAN » Fri May 27, 2016 12:05 pm

Here we go again. Every year people have to make a fuss to get verges cut. Today I was trying to join the A12 from Foxhall Road, Ipswich and the view from the approach is blocked by really long grass/weeds. We had the same last night joining the A12 at Blythburgh from the Beccles road. There'll be loads of wildlife statements, idiots who think the wild flowers look pretty and those who just don't 'get' the need to see in advance, and at, junctions. Ultimately they will get cut. Why don't they just do it without these yearly rows?
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Triquet

Re: Verges

Postby Triquet » Fri May 27, 2016 3:41 pm

I am in Normandy at the moment, where the minor country roads tend to have six foot high earth banks into the hedgerow. It doesn't matter much whether the wild flowers are growing or not, you still can't see much, particularly in a RHD car on a right hand bend, where the limit point is about the end of the bonnet.

M1ke H

Postby M1ke H » Fri May 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Just consider yourself lucky that you have some fuel to be able to drive in Normandy ;)

jont-

Postby jont- » Sat May 28, 2016 8:53 am

GTR1400MAN wrote: Ultimately they will get cut. Why don't they just do it without these yearly rows?

I wouldn't bet on it. According to my Rospa examiner the other week (active Cambs road traffic officer), Cambs official policy is now not to cut them as it helps as a speed reduction measure (road feels narrower, vision less etc).

You could equally ask why they don't just fix potholes - and proactively too :roll:

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Sat May 28, 2016 9:21 am

M1ke H wrote:Just consider yourself lucky that you have some fuel to be able to drive in Normandy ;)

Still got enough to get home tonight, without hypermiling :mrgreen:

Return to “General Chat”