All change

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Re: All change

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon May 16, 2016 8:33 am

Well until last week I had one too. A perfectly adequate little workhorse, if not full of character.
Nick

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:00 pm

I do like that VRS blue!

I'm hoping Skoda will bring out a Citigo VRS with a 1.2 TSI with like 100hp or something.

Now that would be bloody good fun. The Citigo is jolly good to drive even though it's only got 60hp! It's actually quite hard to restrain myself from exceeding 4k rpm because it's rather smooth, and doesn't make as much noise and vibration as the Yeti does!

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Mon May 16, 2016 8:16 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote: The Citigo is jolly good to drive even though it's only got 60hp! It's actually quite hard to restrain myself from exceeding 4k rpm because it's rather smooth, and doesn't make as much noise and vibration as the Yeti does!

Small, tick, light, tick, responsive revvy engine, tick, chuckable, tick, young driver, tick.
Take care.

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:Well until last week I had one too. A perfectly adequate little workhorse, if not full of character.

Adequate and not full of character... high praise indeed. And you went from a 308 to an Octopus. Slightly more charismatic than a house brick. Both the car equivalent of a Tupperware container. :D

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 pm

And your current transport is?
Nick

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Mon May 16, 2016 9:14 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:I do like that VRS blue!

I'm hoping Skoda will bring out a Citigo VRS with a 1.2 TSI with like 100hp or something.

Now that would be bloody good fun. The Citigo is jolly good to drive even though it's only got 60hp! It's actually quite hard to restrain myself from exceeding 4k rpm because it's rather smooth, and doesn't make as much noise and vibration as the Yeti does!

There were plans for a 'warm' version of the VW UP!, and presumably the Skoda and Seat, but the recession killed them off for the time being. Let's hope they change their minds.

Silk

Postby Silk » Mon May 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Imsensible wrote:
Silk wrote:
Imsensible wrote:Remind me what you drive so I can ridicule it ;)

I don't remember telling you in the first place but here goes, just for your amusement, a 15 plate Peugeot 308 diesel. As you obviously have no taste, I'll take any ridicule as a compliment. :lol:

I thought you mentioned it somewhere, but couldn't be arsed to look. A Pug 308 Diesel... and you have the audacity to say I have no taste! :roll:

Ok then, I'll play. What do you drive? I don't really give a shit, but I'll pretend to care if you want me to. ;)

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Mon May 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:And your current transport is?

A car, 5 bicycles, a trike and two legs. But not all at the same time.

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Silk wrote:Ok then, I'll play. What do you drive? I don't really give a shit, but I'll pretend to care if you want me to. ;)

I don't want you to play or to care. You don't give a shit, you just drive it ;)

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:57 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote: The Citigo is jolly good to drive even though it's only got 60hp! It's actually quite hard to restrain myself from exceeding 4k rpm because it's rather smooth, and doesn't make as much noise and vibration as the Yeti does!

Small, tick, light, tick, responsive revvy engine, tick, chuckable, tick, young driver, tick.
Take care.

I shall, don't you worry. I have plans on keeping this car as long as possible, and consequently, don't like the idea of crashing it and ending up having to get a replacement which will be more expensive to run due to increased insurance.

Despite my nametag, I'm not as insane as I probably come across as... (I hope)

Imsensible wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:I do like that VRS blue!

There were plans for a 'warm' version of the VW UP!, and presumably the Skoda and Seat, but the recession killed them off for the time being. Let's hope they change their minds.

I do recall hearing about an UP! GT, but it failed to materialise. The Citigo Monte Carlo is the closest Skoda offer to a sporty version, but it's restricted to the 60hp engine, which is odd, but there you go.

Return to “General Chat”