All change

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
akirk

Re: All change

Postby akirk » Wed May 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Imsensible wrote:If only Skodas were as exciting as that! ;)

oh mine is :D - will have to take you for a drive in it one day...

... sadly probably not much more exciting than a G-Wiz!

Alasdair

jont-

Postby jont- » Wed May 18, 2016 2:19 pm

akirk wrote:
Imsensible wrote:
Synchromesh wrote:What car is it?

A blue one. Now I'm down to one car, having had three for much of last year, in fact it's the fourth car I've bought in two years. Not sure why I ended up with three simultaneously, I can only drive one at once, but hey ho. Of those four, it's certainly not the newest, nor the fastest or best equipped, but I like it. It is not a Skoda/VW/Seat/Audi and certainly no a diesel. HTH. :D

I think I have seen it around...
Blue - tick
not a Skoda / VW / Seat / Audi - tick
not a diesel - tick

:D

Alasdair

I'm not sure that counts as a car either :P

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Wed May 18, 2016 2:29 pm

By exciting you undoubtedly mean barely quicker than a mobility scooter and a joke on the part of our Indian counterparts. Still, at least it wasn't a French quadricycle which is an abomination unless fitted with a diesel engine, covered liberally with Tesco Momentum fuel and modified with the addition of a marine flare.

I've had three Skodas, so what does that say about me?
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Wed May 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Jont, IIRC, technically it's classed as a quadricycle, not a car. Don't call it a "quad bike" because it doesn't have 8 wheels ;)

I can only assume the designer was drunk when he came up with that.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed May 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Both essentially a way of dispensing with tax and safety tests. Harking back to the days of "cyclecars" in the 1920s which exploited similar loopholes.

Edit: and apparently they (light and heavy quadricycles) are assessed as tricycles, to make things more confusing :)
Nick

IcedKiwi

Postby IcedKiwi » Wed May 18, 2016 2:52 pm

I think you can still get "voiture sans permis" in France. As long as you're over 14 - doesn't matter if you haven't passed your test or had your licence removed due to drink driving etc, you can drive one. Used to be fairly basic but seems they're aiming at a different market now...
Or maybe an Evoque...

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed May 18, 2016 3:08 pm

StressedDave wrote:I've had three Skodas, so what does that say about me?

let's not go there :D
Alasdair
(proud skoda owner!)

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Wed May 18, 2016 3:14 pm

StressedDave wrote:

By exciting you undoubtedly mean barely quicker than a mobility scooter and a joke on the part of our Indian counterparts. Still, at least it wasn't a French quadricycle which is an abomination unless fitted with a diesel engine, covered liberally with Tesco Momentum fuel and modified with the addition of a marine flare.

I've had three Skodas, so what does that say about me?

By exciting, I meant visually, aesthetically, internally and externally... as per my previous posts. Pay attention at the back :D

As for what it says about you, I don't know. You've reached a point in life where life is so dull, even a Skoda is exciting? You've gone all Syd Barrett? Your imagination has run off with your sense of fun? Take a seat on the couch and tell me what you think it says about you. How long have you had this affliction? Get it off your chest, you know it will be good to let it all out. ;)

Silk

Postby Silk » Wed May 18, 2016 3:34 pm

StressedDave wrote:I've had three Skodas, so what does that say about me?

Anyone can drive a Skoda? :lol:

Silk

Postby Silk » Wed May 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Imsensible wrote:By exciting, I meant visually, aesthetically, internally and externally... as per my previous posts. Pay attention at the back :D

I'd love to know what you mean by exciting. Perhaps you could just name a car that you believe ticks that particular box.

For what it's worth, I think the new Octavia is one of the best looking mainstream cars on the road at the moment, inside and out. I'd say it's more sharp suit than tracksuit and trainers - but that probably says more about you than the car.

Return to “General Chat”