Some news for you!

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Imsensible

Re: Some news for you!

Postby Imsensible » Sun May 08, 2016 11:39 am

angus wrote:An Octavia estate may not be the most exciting box on the road, but I thoroughly enjoyed driving Dave's, and preferred it to the Swift.

I'm glad you liked it, but it's still boring inside and out. The Swift is certainly an acquired taste, but the two cars are in no way comparable as they occupy very different segments of the market. A turbo-diesel family saloon/estate and a petrol supermini. But as I said, I no longer have either Swift. The Sport wasn't particularly exciting to drive, but had a nice engine.

Silk, I love driving, and I like many, many cars. None of them are VWs or Skoda's. I don't like you... deal with it.

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Sun May 08, 2016 11:47 am

TheInsanity1234, I am sure you will enjoy your car. The ones I tried drove very well for a small city car, revved nicely, were quite spacious for their size and overall a good little car. Let us know how you get on with it. :)

Silk

Postby Silk » Sun May 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Imsensible wrote:Silk, I love driving, and I like many, many cars. None of them are VWs or Skoda's.

You may not like it, but most people are not rabid petrol-heads and prefer cars that don't bite back.

Imsensible wrote: I don't like you... deal with it.

I don't dislike anyone. Do with that as you wish. :lol:

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Imsensible wrote:TheInsanity1234, I am sure you will enjoy your car. The ones I tried drove very well for a small city car, revved nicely, were quite spacious for their size and overall a good little car. Let us know how you get on with it. :)

The thing that impressed me the most is how it had plenty of get up 'n' go even when fully loaded with 4 adults. When I have 4 adults in the Yeti, the effect on acceleration and braking is particularly noticeable, but driving the Citigo with 4 adults felt like driving the Yeti with just me in it. That's how powerful it came across as.

It also means I'm particularly keen to pick up the car and drive it without anyone else in the car because if it was pretty nippy with 4 adults, imagine how much faster it must be with just me in it... :twisted:

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Sun May 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Silk wrote:
Imsensible wrote:Silk, I love driving, and I like many, many cars. None of them are VWs or Skoda's.

You may not like it, but most people are not rabid petrol-heads and prefer cars that don't bite back.

Imsensible wrote: I don't like you... deal with it.

I don't dislike anyone. Do with that as you wish. :lol:

I'm not a rabid petrol head, and in fact most of the cars I do like are very unlikely to bite you back. How exactly do your comments relate to my dislike of Skoda's and VWs? Quite why you come up with these weird ideas and comments is a mystery.

Imsensible

Postby Imsensible » Sun May 08, 2016 7:42 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:It also means I'm particularly keen to pick up the car and drive it without anyone else in the car because if it was pretty nippy with 4 adults, imagine how much faster it must be with just me in it... :twisted:

Watch out Lewis Hamilton... there's a Skoda on your tail! ;)
Last edited by Mr Cholmondeley-Warner on Mon May 09, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix quote markers

Silk

Postby Silk » Sun May 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Imsensible wrote:I'm not a rabid petrol head.

That's good.

Imsensible wrote:...and in fact most of the cars I do like are very unlikely to bite you back.

That's also good.

Imsensible wrote:How exactly do your comments relate to my dislike of Skoda's and VWs?

You're a car fascist. In fact, you're the worst kind, a Skodaphobe. :lol:

BTW, it's Skodas. HTH.

Imsensible wrote:Quite why you come up with these weird ideas and comments is a mystery.

You're obviously new here. ;-)

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Mon May 09, 2016 6:43 pm

To put aside concerns about reliability and dealers, I have always thought that a true ADer could drive any car to its maximum potential.

Is that not what Roadcraft is about?

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Mon May 09, 2016 7:07 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:I have always thought that a true ADer could drive any car to its maximum potential.

I think this is unduly optimistic but I'm not sure how to put words to my thoughts on this.

If you are just meaning within UK speed limits, there are many who see and grasp situations so much better than I can manage, (maybe by knowing where to look, and when, or having greater mental capacity), and who then are able to make better use of what they see, such that they make better use of a car's capability. It's even possible they use less of its potential, by making better use of the part they do use, if you see what I mean, whereas I might be using more of the potential by using too much acceleration or braking at the wrong time.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

Jonquirk

Postby Jonquirk » Mon May 09, 2016 7:27 pm

Perhaps another way of putting it is that a good driver might get more out of a bad car than a bad driver could get out of a good car.

Return to “General Chat”