I should let you guys know...

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
akirk

Re: I should let you guys know...

Postby akirk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:16 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:
akirk wrote:
are you 18 as well?!

Alasdair

Clearly, Alasdair suffers from some form of numerical dyslexia where he puts the numbers the wrong way around... :twisted:

Ahh my apologies, I hadn't realised that you were both 81 - was the recent test you took that medical one where you have to retake it due to old age?! :lol: :o :D

Alasdair

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:56 pm

chriskay wrote:Very best wishes, Dave.

Thank you, Chris.

i must try to remember that date in March, about three and a half weeks into the month IIRC. :D

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:58 pm

akirk wrote:
TripleS wrote:Following the precedent recently set by young Mr Wise, I thought you'd all like to know that it's my birthday today.

I deliberately refrained from giving you advance notice of this as I really didn't want to be deluged with cards and expensive presents - when, like me, you're all rattling around in 15 year old cars worth a couple of hundred quid (if that) - but I'm sure the thought was there. :D

Anyhow, Happy Birthday to me. :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave.

are you 18 as well?!

Alasdair

No, not exactly. I haven't been 18 for quite a few years now. :roll:

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Given your age, you'll probably forget...
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:17 pm

StressedDave wrote:Given your age, you'll probably forget...

Er, what was the question again? :oops:

'Tis funny though how memories can remain good in certain subject areas - even at advanced years - and yet in other respects they can become quite poor.

My memory is still good for remembering numbers from years ago, but I'm dashed if I can remember what we watched on TV last night.

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Probably for the best, particularly if you watched Silent Witness. Another program, along with the whole of the CSI canon that makes me want to throw things at the screen due to the patent inaccuracies and lies about capabilities of forensic science. Not to mention that the actors are all way too attractive to be forensic scientists.
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:48 pm

StressedDave wrote:Probably for the best, particularly if you watched Silent Witness. Another program, along with the whole of the CSI canon that makes me want to throw things at the screen due to the patent inaccuracies and lies about capabilities of forensic science. Not to mention that the actors are all way too attractive to be forensic scientists.

Oh aye, TV programmes!

Two or three weeks ago I saw part of a Countryfile' programme in which they were at pains to focus on the terrible hazards of rural roads. To aid them they had the company of a guy from Lincolnshire County Council. So, he and the reporter were standing at the side of the road and watching cars driving past them and through a LH bend. The weather, BTW, was a bit wet at the time.

Anyhow, one car drove past them and through the bend, at which point the 'Road Safety Expert' from LCC, was almost wetting himself as he pointed out that 'for half a second that car was out of control' as it rounded the curve.

Do these people go on special courses to learn how to talk bollox?

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:56 pm

In many things, some are born fuckwits, some achieve fuckwittery and some have it thrust upon them. Just remember that most LA road safety officers are typical Council employees without any relevant experience or qualifications.

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:29 pm

akirk wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:
akirk wrote:
are you 18 as well?!

Alasdair

Clearly, Alasdair suffers from some form of numerical dyslexia where he puts the numbers the wrong way around... :twisted:

Ahh my apologies, I hadn't realised that you were both 81 - was the recent test you took that medical one where you have to retake it due to old age?! :lol: :o :D

Alasdair

Ah.

Maybe I am 81. I'd misread what you wrote...

TripleS wrote:Anyhow, one car drove past them and through the bend, at which point the 'Road Safety Expert' from LCC, was almost wetting himself as he pointed out that 'for half a second that car was out of control' as it rounded the curve.

Well, it seems to be, a car is out of control for every moment you're not in gear and you're not applying any pressure on either the accelerator or the footbrake.

So, using that logic, then the car in question would've been out of control if the driver was changing gear whilst rounding the bend.

:roll:

Return to “General Chat”