Welcome & Approach

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
admin
Site Admin

Welcome & Approach

Postby admin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:27 pm

This forum has been set up at the request of some of the ADUK membership with the announcement that ADUK had been sold
The aim is to 'move meeting room', but without specific plans to make big changes.

The 'rules' here are minimal - respect for others in what is posted being the main one.

Similar moderators are in existence and as before will move with stealth behind the scenes discerning what needs to be done - moderation will be light-handed.

Any questions - do contact the team - and if there are teething problems etc. apologies in advance!

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Re: Welcome & Approach

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Bit quiet so far ... :D
Nick

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:08 pm

Oh, I'm sure it'll pick up. Thought I'd use my normal alter-ego here rather than name based.

akirk

Postby akirk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:16 pm

I am sure it will - we will need to seed topics for a bit no doubt, but if every week we pick a new topic from the 'controversial list' I am sure that it will be buzzing in no time at all :)

changes in names - now that will really confuse people :D

Alasdair

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Well well, Brown. Seen your name on other fora, never knew who the real Brown was :) Welcome!
Nick

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi Nick,

Yes, 'tis me. I don't post much on the other place these days so it seems appropriate to dust off the moniker. Let's hope a few more turn up or it's going to be very lonely.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm working on that with AK. Any ideas for attracting members welcome.
Nick

skodatezzer

Postby skodatezzer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:02 pm

Peek-a-boo!! Suppose we stay tuned in to t'other place as well until we see what develops there. Just followed Gareth's link to Brake's list of "supporters" and am horrified to find the IAM listed there. Considering my position. At the very least will be composing a rocket aimed at Chiswick as soon as I have gathered my thoughts.

Btw., very much appreciate that the format here closely resembles the format "over there". Makes life much easier for those of us who, in the words of Woody Allen, are "at two" with Information Technology!!

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:05 am

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I'm working on that with AK. Any ideas for attracting members welcome.

I suppose the best at present is to contact all those who have expressed dissatisfaction with the acquisition of ADUK and let them know that an alternative exists. I suspect that's already in hand though.

jont-

Postby jont- » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:13 am

Do you think splitting traffic between here and ADUK is likely to result in a drop in overall traffic (as neither end up with critical volume)?

Return to “General Chat”