Old ADUK...oh dear

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
GTR1400MAN

Re: Old ADUK...oh dear

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:14 pm

But, but, but ... all that IAM/ROSPA traffic in the members only area is Off Limits to Google and it's ranking engine ;)
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:04 pm

It helps, but the majority of Google's algorithms are related to off-site relevance - i.e. how the rest of the website sees you - not just the content on the website - otherwise it is too easy to game the system... To be honest, I prefer quality over quantity anyway...

Alasdair

Horse

Postby Horse » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:37 pm

TBH I knew about inbound, high quality, links. But posting that wouldn't have been at all humorous ;)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:53 pm

Horse wrote:TBH I knew about inbound, high quality, links. But posting that wouldn't have been at all humorous ;)

we might though have started to rank for SEO and webmaster searches :D
sorry - realised what you were doing - just thought it would help for others! :cheers:

Alasdair

Horse

Postby Horse » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:29 am

And, of, course, there's the irony of AD UK's new owner putting links to here . . . (as long as it wasn't text only).

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:07 am

Not much action in terms of driving days and, seemingly, a reduced level of activity on the forum generally, is ADHub going to go the same way as ADUK?

If so, why is this the happening?

Horse

Postby Horse » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:28 am

akirk wrote:It helps, but the majority of Google's algorithms are related to off-site relevance - i.e. how the rest of the website sees you - not just the content on the website - otherwise it is too easy to game the system... To be honest, I prefer quality over quantity anyway...

Alasdair

Out of idle curiosity, I loked at the URL of my old bike training web site. Depending on the [training-related] search terms used, it usually ranked in Google's top six, sometimes first.

I stopped paying for it about 6 years ago.

Now? Someone has it to advertise electronic games! With US American text and T&Ts.

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:32 am

TripleS wrote:Not much action in terms of driving days and, seemingly, a reduced level of activity on the forum generally, is ADHub going to go the same way as ADUK?

If so, why is this the happening?

Perhaps because of the general malaise caused by the present uncertainty? I've noticed it distinctly.
When things are uncertain people may not want to make the commitment to dedicate time and expense.

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:16 am

Or it could just be that it is summer and people are outside doing better things than talking on forums?

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 am

Strangely Brown wrote:Or it could just be that it is summer and people are outside doing better things than talking on forums?

Plus there's been an awful lot of talking on forums of late - can't think you are wrong though and a drop in posts is to be expected.

Return to “General Chat”