Old ADUK...oh dear

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
chriskay

Re: Old ADUK...oh dear

Postby chriskay » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:13 pm

I've removed myself from that spam-laden site.
Carpe diem

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:48 pm

chriskay wrote:I've removed myself from that spam-laden site.

They've saved me the trouble of doing that!

I've continued to look in there occasionally, but I have just discovered that I now have to enter my password in order to gain access, and as I can't remember my password, it would appear I've made my last visit to ADUK.

Best wishes all,
Dave.

fungus

Postby fungus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:30 pm

TripleS wrote:
chriskay wrote:I've removed myself from that spam-laden site.

They've saved me the trouble of doing that!

I've continued to look in there occasionally, but I have just discovered that I now have to enter my password in order to gain access, and as I can't remember my password, it would appear I've made my last visit to ADUK.

Best wishes all,
Dave.

That's exactly what happened to me, and when a new password was sent I still couldn't gain access, and what with all the spam on that forum I've cut my ties.

Nigel.

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Hey, I've just looked in at ADUK and in contrast to my difficulty in logging in a few weeks ago, they let me in immediately and no questions asked. They must be getting desperate. :lol:

Anyhow, there's a guy over there still banging on about mandatory retests for drivers over the age of 70. Hir and waremark are, quite rightly, not buying his nonsense, and now he appears to be giving up and dismissing hir's questions as 'loaded.' He sounds like a very young idealist, albeit somewhat unbalanced and inexperienced to me. Perhaps he'll mellow with age - even if it didn't happen with me. :roll:

Maybe he'll be over here later to try his luck....so brace yourselves.

Best wishes all,
Dave.

akirk

Postby akirk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Dave, we have been fortunate in that the spammers over there don't seem to be bothering with this forum!
I think that we also have quite active presence of moderators on here - whereas there seems to be more of an absence there, I think the forum was simply bought for the 'Google Juice' and traffic it brought - not because the new owner wanted to actively run the forum...

It is interesting to see that (on a fresh browser with no personal history on it) a search on advanced driving forum now puts AD Hub at number 6
bearing in mind that we have done absolutely nothing to promote the forum, that is a sign that Google is recognising where the activity is taking place...

Alasdair

Horse

Postby Horse » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:42 pm

Relevant activity ;)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

hir

Postby hir » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:03 pm

TripleS wrote:Hey, I've just looked in at ADUK and in contrast to my difficulty in logging in a few weeks ago, they let me in immediately and no questions asked. They must be getting desperate. :lol:

Anyhow, there's a guy over there still banging on about mandatory retests for drivers over the age of 70. Hir and waremark are, quite rightly, not buying his nonsense, and now he appears to be giving up and dismissing hir's questions as 'loaded.' He sounds like a very young idealist, albeit somewhat unbalanced and inexperienced to me. Perhaps he'll mellow with age - even if it didn't happen with me. :roll:

Maybe he'll be over here later to try his luck....so brace yourselves.

Best wishes all,
Dave.

I'm not suggesting that anyone on here should tune into my little spat "over there", but I just can't resist when I'm labelled as... "sounding like a pompous twat" who is talking "shit", who asks "loaded" questions and "thinks he's always right" :o

Yes, I know, all of that is undoubtably true. But it doesn't give my interlocutor the right to refuse to answer any of my questions! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jont-

Postby jont- » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 am

hir wrote:I'm not suggesting that anyone on here should tune into my little spat "over there", but I just can't resist when I'm labelled as... "sounding like a pompous twat" who is talking "shit", who asks "loaded" questions and "thinks he's always right" :o

Yes, I know, all of that is undoubtably true. But it doesn't give my interlocutor the right to refuse to answer any of my questions! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You almost make me want to bother going over there to see what all the fuss is about... :lol:

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:34 am

Don't bother - I just did and that's five minutes of my life I'm not getting back. I don't think I've seen such a large tool this side of someone servicing the crankshaft on a container boat.

Can we have the same discussion here so I can tell the forum in general that they're talking shit and that hir is a pompous prat?

Ahh... I think I do that already :mrgreen:
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

waremark

Postby waremark » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:55 pm

hir is feeling disappointed that the guy has walked away - he was enjoying a nice ding-dong.

Return to “General Chat”