Old ADUK...oh dear

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
WhoseGeneration

Re: Old ADUK...oh dear

Postby WhoseGeneration » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:10 pm

gannet wrote:
WhoseGeneration wrote:Oh dear indeed, I just had a cursory glance for old times sake, to be greeted with advertising, "Date sexy Thai women".

adblockers have their uses...

Yes, I know but not my point.

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:32 am

WhoseGeneration wrote:Oh dear indeed, I just had a cursory glance for old times sake, to be greeted with advertising, "Date sexy Thai women".

Ahem. You do realise, don't you, that Google Ads are selected on the basis of your search history - ie what you have been looking for . . .

FWIW I've stopped even viewing there after the 'page not found' error appeared when I tried to post a reply. I waste enough time on the internet already without posts being sent to oblivion.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Playtent

Postby Playtent » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Does anyone know where I can find 'get a passport for any country' and the 'Date sexy Thai women' posts because they've now gone and a google search just doesn't seem to be finding what I'm looking for?? :lol:

martine

Postby martine » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Don't worry Paul, the latest post on the old ADUK is promising spiritual enlightenment - so all is good...all together now: "hare krishma, hare krishma, krishma, krishma, hare, hare".

Real shame.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Harry Corbett, Harry Corbett . . .

Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

chriskay

Postby chriskay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:08 pm

I'm quite surprised by how short a time it's taken for that site to virtually collapse. On a separate point, why can't we get ads for passports/Thai ladies on here? ;)
Carpe diem

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Horse wrote:

Ahem. You do realise, don't you, that Google Ads are selected on the basis of your search history - ie what you have been looking for . . .

Honestly, no, my search history is much more mundane. It hasn't, for instance, included LGV training, car insurance or L training.
I think it's just that the 'site is now taking any old advertising not only driving related.

akirk

Postby akirk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:42 pm

chriskay wrote:I'm quite surprised by how short a time it's taken for that site to virtually collapse. On a separate point, why can't we get ads for passports/Thai ladies on here? ;)

I am happy to oblige, perhaps you could introduce me to a few advertisers! :)

There is a big difference between a forum which is commercial and chases revenue and this one here my preference is quality over quantity... Still working on the latter bit, but we aren't doing too badly :D

Alasdair

angus

Postby angus » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:48 am

Um, don't these ads come up based on google searches or cookies on the computer?

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:30 am

Maybe they're too busy driving at 20 mph, the members of ADUK.

Return to “General Chat”