A nice little outing

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
chriskay

A nice little outing

Postby chriskay » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:12 pm

You may remember I'd suggested I might be able to get a friend to bring one of his McLarens to a driving day. Well, I floated the idea but he wasn't keen. He did however spring on me, at two days notice, a plan which I couldn't refuse.
Today, he brought me his four day old McLaren 675 LT to have a play in. When he drove me to demonstrate the way it worked, it nearly scared the sh*t out of me: 0-60 in 2.9 sec. and 0-124 in 7.9 sec. :shock:
When I drove it, I found it remarkably tractable, provided you didn't press the loud pedal too hard and left it in full auto mode. Driven in manual though, it turns into a screaming beast, with gear changes incredibly fast through the seven speed dual clutch gearbox. I was too busy keeping it going where I wanted it to go to experiment with the various suspension modes and power delivery options.
Took a couple of pics, but anyone interested could find much better, together with technical details, out there on the web.
Carpe diem

Adamxck

Re: A nice little outing

Postby Adamxck » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:15 pm

I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous.

Throw up the pictures anyway. Can't hurt. (Unless said friend is all private an' stuff.)

Sounds like a fabulous day.
Adam.

chriskay

Postby chriskay » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Carpe diem

chriskay

Postby chriskay » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Said friend is a very private person, which is why I've removed the reg. plate details.

Ah, now I've discovered how to edit my post, so I could have put everything in one. DOH.
Carpe diem

akirk

Postby akirk » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:28 pm

my car normally pulls up by the petrol pump - this one seems to run on air and water :D - lovely car, there was one at my local petrol station the other day - sounded lovely even when the owner drove off slowly...

Alasdair

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:16 pm

An absolutely lovely car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I won the lottery. A guy that vlogs on youtube has bought one recently, sounded amazing on the video. I would be like a 3 year old at Xmas if I had the opportunity to drive one :P

Revian

Postby Revian » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Ooo... :roll: like others I'm not jealous... Though I think driving on normal roads would be frustrating.
Ian

waremark

Postby waremark » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:01 am

fengpo wrote:A guy that vlogs on youtube has bought one recently, sounded amazing on the video.

But sadly he took it straight to the south of France before letting his father have a go! Looking fwd to him bringing it back.

Chris, does your friend with the 675 prefer it to the P1, which slightly disappointed him?

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:33 am

I'd still have yours over his... just don't like the styling of the 650/675 over the MP4. I'd have to get it repainted black though. For some reason the penchant for white cars has passed me by.
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:06 am

You'll have a choice of 3 :D the Porsche looks special as well. Drive all 3 haha, let us all know your verdict.

Return to “General Chat”