IAM members assessment

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Another Bill

Re: IAM members assessment

Postby Another Bill » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:45 pm

Strangely Brown wrote:I'll just leave this here...

Which of the coloured lines represents IAM executive policy?

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:05 pm

The daffodils and crocuses are coming out and all being well somebody soon will propose a driving day ...

Stefluc1

Postby Stefluc1 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:54 pm

There seems to be a myth that Police Advanced drivers are slowly or quickly becoming extinct let me assure you that they are not far from it, as most forces will always have a need for Advanced drivers whether it be RPU - Firearms - Surveillance etc, its what organisations want you to think. That's all I will say if you get my drift. In my force alone over the last 4-5 weeks trained 16 new Advanced drivers and will be doing the same again for the next 3 months.

Horse

Postby Horse » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:10 pm

Stefluc1 wrote: ... Surveillance ...

Iirc the first two non-police IAM bike examiners were had been trained for that sort of work.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:39 pm

Another Bill wrote:https://www.iamroadsmart.com/courses/members-driving-assessment

That suggests it’s not quite the same as an Advanced Test, else why not say it is the same?

As per the description it's like a test in that it follows the same format, but it's not the same as a test in that you've already passed, and you can't fail. Again, as per the description, if you would have failed if it had been a test, you're given pointers on what you need to fix, but it doesn't affect your existing membership in any way. It sounds exactly what you're looking for.

When people ask questions, sometimes there is uncertainty in the minds of readers about what lies behind, and whether the question being asked is really the one that is at the core of what's bothering the person asking the question. Hence the probing and the suggestions of alternatives you may not have considered.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

Another Bill

Postby Another Bill » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:19 pm

Thanks Gareth. Without wanting to prolong the agony of this thread, that probably sums it up.

And whilst it may not have been apparent from my original post that I was already aware of other options, the advice and detailed expansion of these options has been a real eye opener, for which I thank everybody for their time and efforts. Your time not been wasted :)

Return to “General Chat”