Rogue Report - Social Safety Dash Cam

Technology in driving is becoming more dominant...
akirk

Rogue Report - Social Safety Dash Cam

Postby akirk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/54 ... f=category

An in car reporting system that allows you to send your dash cam footage to law enforcers, via an assessment centre, in near real time!

About this project

How many times have you seen a rogue driver flagrantly break the law and get away with it? Inappropriate overtaking, undertaking, speeding? The list is endless.

Sometimes there are no consequences for the actions of dangerous drivers ……Until now!

We are designing and developing an in-car reporting system which, at your command, will send your dash cam footage to us. From there we will assess the likelihood of your footage being used as evidence by law enforcement agencies, meaning rogue drivers can still be held to account months down the line.

The future of connected cars is here…….

Our Goal

Our goal is simple, at the touch of a button, turn every car and good driver into a sensor to aid the policing of our roads. Let’s stop those who put us all at risk when they break the law.

What are your thoughts?
one kickstarter project I will not be supporting - and as they need £100,000 and have only got £235 from 2 backers with 35 days to go, at the moment it doesn't look likely...

Alasdair

gannet

Re: Rogue Report - Social Safety Dash Cam

Postby gannet » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:29 am

er, no thanks - who are they to decide whether the police should act :o

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:39 am

Never heard of Kickstarter until now but I won't be supporting this either :shock:
Nick

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Too huge a can of worms for even our technology hungry police to get a grip of I'd say.

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Personally, I'd like to see the ability to send a few hundred MB of footage over a standard mobile data line in the middle of nowhere with just 2G coverage... You'll be there a while.
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:19 pm

sussex2 wrote:Too huge a can of worms for even our technology hungry police to get a grip of I'd say.

agreed, and I suspect that the type of person to use it will be the 'scout' of the roads reporting everything they personally consider a breech of etiquette / law - so I suspect it will be used for all the wrongs things... I suspect that is why the manufacturers feel that they would need to filter the footage - the majority would never be sent on... or the police would very rapidly say no thank you...

so what will the cost be for the annual subscription? to have people filtering in almost real time?

blue sky thinking - which is where kickstarter falls down - it makes some people think they have a viable business because they can put it on kickstarter - sadly not... I have backed projects on there in the past to great success, but this is slightly weird

Alasdair

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:Never heard of Kickstarter until now but I won't be supporting this either :shock:

Nor me, predictably enough!

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:03 pm

akirk wrote:the type of person to use it will be the 'scout' of the roads

Whatever did happen to Dominic? :P
Nick

jcochrane
Location: Surrey-Kent borders and wherever good driving roads are.

Postby jcochrane » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Possibly looking for sponsors for the above project. :D

Return to “Technology”