Nextbase 612GW Users?

Technology in driving is becoming more dominant...
Diesel

Nextbase 612GW Users?

Postby Diesel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:24 am

Good morning,

I recently purchased the Nextbase 612GW following some very impressive reviews, and having installed the camera I am impressed with the video and build quality. One thing I have found is that if I insert the SD card into an adapter and then into the genuine apple card reader, no files are showing up. Does anyone know why this could be? The files appear fine using a standard computer and the Nextbase app (connected using the dashcam WiFi) but not the apple card reader.

martine

Re: Nextbase 612GW Users?

Postby martine » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Is this because Apple use a different file format?
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

crr003

Postby crr003 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Diesel wrote:Good morning,

I recently purchased the Nextbase 612GW following some very impressive reviews, and having installed the camera I am impressed with the video and build quality. One thing I have found is that if I insert the SD card into an adapter and then into the genuine apple card reader, no files are showing up. Does anyone know why this could be? The files appear fine using a standard computer and the Nextbase app (connected using the dashcam WiFi) but not the apple card reader.

I've had a look at the manual. I couldn't see anywhere it implied using an SD card adaptor (like other cameras I've used - BlackVue/Thinkware). It seems to say that you use the camera itself to connect to a computer:

PC CONNECTION
Use the supplied USB cable to connect the Dash Cam directly to your PC via the socket,
do NOT connect the USB cable to the Powered Mount.

Mass Storage (Mac)
When this option is selected, the Dash Cam will function as a card reader for your MAC.
The Dash Cam will be seen as an external disk upon your MAC and you will be able to view and/or
manage stored files.

kfae8959

Postby kfae8959 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:19 am

This looks like a question for a technical forum, to me. But I'm struck by your reference to a "genuine apple card reader". If it has to say it's genuine, are you sure it is?

David

Return to “Technology”