Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Articles of interest to the AD community, currently in the news.
TheInsanity1234
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:44 pm

I guess it was just a matter of time before such an incident occured...

Independent article

Triquet
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby Triquet » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:00 pm

I really can't see the point of self-driving cars. :soap:

User avatar
jont-
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:12 am
Location: Flatlands

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby jont- » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Triquet wrote:I really can't see the point of self-driving cars. :soap:

When I see the standard of most drivers on the road, I think they can't come soon enough - just so long as they are actually L5 autonomous......






... and so long as the Caterham isn't banned from the roads for the odd weekend blat :gear: :gear: :gear:

Triquet
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby Triquet » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:28 pm


fungus
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:26 pm
Location: Dorset

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby fungus » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Triquet wrote:I really can't see the point of self-driving cars. :soap:


+1

Nigel.

TheInsanity1234
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Triquet wrote:I really can't see the point of self-driving cars. :soap:

Come to Liverpool, and spend a day driving around. The general standard of driving does make you start to miss self driving cars, before they even existed!

Triquet
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby Triquet » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:07 am

Maybe what is really needed is adaptive self-driving (easily linked into the SatNav) that adjusts the algorithms to suit the locality and time of day. Then the car could start let us say at Newbury first thing in the morning with Program #1 Duel (sic) Carriageway and Elephant Racing, go over to Program #2 M40 (Area Managers in Audis), Program #3 for the M6 Toll (FOF), Program #4 for 50mph roadworks (Bored Rigid and Narrow Lanes), and eventually turning on Program #99b The Full Scouse. :racing: :racing:

TheInsanity1234
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:05 am

Triquet wrote:Maybe what is really needed is adaptive self-driving (easily linked into the SatNav) that adjusts the algorithms to suit the locality and time of day. Then the car could start let us say at Newbury first thing in the morning with Program #1 Duel (sic) Carriageway and Elephant Racing, go over to Program #2 M40 (Area Managers in Audis), Program #3 for the M6 Toll (FOF), Program #4 for 50mph roadworks (Bored Rigid and Narrow Lanes), and eventually turning on Program #99b The Full Scouse. :racing: :racing:

:mrgreen: :lol:

I would definitely call the A34 a "Duel" carriageway.

fungus
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:26 pm
Location: Dorset

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby fungus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:51 am

Maybe what's needed is simply that drivers pay attention.

Nigel.

Triquet
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Pedestrian killed by self driving car.

Postby Triquet » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:55 am

fungus wrote:Maybe what's needed is simply that drivers pay attention.

Nigel.


It's still the thing that works best.


Return to “In The News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests