Driving Test Changes

Articles of interest to the AD community, currently in the news.
AndyP

Re: Driving Test Changes

Postby AndyP » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 am

He did when I sat mine , and the letter advising me of the test appointment told me to take licence , insurance and MOT as these would be checked .

These days , of course , any examiner could check the legal status of a vehicle on a smartphone before commencing a test .

That is odd?
Was that recently? got any copies?

That should definitely not be happening on a iAM RoadSmart paperwork/test appointment letter.
Got to be an error. :headbang:

I was not advised of any changes.
However it has gone from 1 to 2 to even 3 pages as a PDF email to Candidate.
The last being the Docs declaration to be printed off and signed and brought to test. We have A5 copies ready if not able or forgotten to de stress the situation.

I tried the smart phone bit, however I was not [smart] had a server and signal issues. need to get closer to the Cafe to get the WiFi :lol:
It is not WHAT you drive, BUT:-- the WAY that you drive it.
It is not HOW fast you drive, BUT:-- HOW you drive fast.

Cheers Andy

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:17 am

We just tell Associates to take their course book with them to test. The signed declaration is in the back ... isn't it? ;)
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 am

Pontoneer wrote:These days , of course , any examiner could check the legal status of a vehicle on a smartphone before commencing a test .

How could he do this when it isn't their vehicle?
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

AndyP

Postby AndyP » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:42 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:We just tell Associates to take their course book with them to test. The signed declaration is in the back ... isn't it? ;)

Yes of course.
I just got concerned when they 'kindly' ripped it out of the manual. I felt awful.
Never mind

Cheers Andy

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:21 am

Oh no! :o

The "isn't it?" was aimed at Observers who don't get it signed or haven't discovered the one in the back of the book and are still printing the PDF ones. (I carry a few printed ones, and run sheets, for those who seem incapable of remembering the book :) )

AndyP

Postby AndyP » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 am

Yes quite right.

[Some are less than capable at arriving at the time agreed on the day that was convenient at the right venue]
Never mind if the clocks altered] :bash:

[Please do not mention the using same car, not a van, or with a mate and or a dog.][ or a chihuahua hearing assistance dog tied to the back seat]
[ or seat belts, neck restraints, mot failures, defective tyres eyesight, or fully laden with Cheddar cheese]

Oh sorry gone off on one again :soap:
:lol:

Andy

Cheers Andy

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:04 am

Please expand on the Cheddar cheese ... :)
Nick

AndyP

Postby AndyP » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:18 am

Commercial test.
For 'Cathedral City'
Excellent driver However only does Motorways in his unit and trailer so very than experienced in that area and??? errr.

Only HGV we could get was fully Laden with Cheddar Cheese [Err from Cheddar :lol: ] prior to next day delivery, PLUS the trailer cooler/chiller clattering away going flat out to keep the temperature down and the unit labouring up hills.

Cheers Andy

crr003

Postby crr003 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:
Pontoneer wrote:These days , of course , any examiner could check the legal status of a vehicle on a smartphone before commencing a test .

How could he do this when it isn't their vehicle?

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla
No problem accessing any VRM for VED/MOT.
Now, askMID has "rules", but I wonder how anyone would be tracked down and prosecuted for some DPA thing. Nothing to stop an Observer requesting an Associate to enter the VRM and check the relevant box prior to a drive. If they were that kind of Observer.

Just looking at askMID T&Cs:
"if you are entitled to make the search for one or more of the following reasons:
a) the vehicle is either registered / owned / insured by you or your employer,
b) you are permitted to drive the vehicle,
c) you are an Insurance Broker or agent and acting on behalf of your client."

so if the Observer has got DOC cover it's apparently OK to access MID to check the vehicle has its own cover. Not that Observers would drive an Associate's car. Unless it was a nice one.......

Return to “In The News”