BBC Panorama

Articles of interest to the AD community, currently in the news.
Horse

Re: BBC Panorama

Postby Horse » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:11 pm

sussex2 wrote: in an incendiary fashion .

Ah, 'VW' Zafira? :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:56 pm

sussex2 wrote:The scandal has mainly concerned VW* and I wish anyone dealing with them the very best of luck.
My own experiences have taught me that you will have to jump through hoops, backwards and with your arse on fire, in order to get any positive results.

*At the moment but I have little personal doubt that they are all at it.

Fair enough. I was just having a bad week, the Yeti isn't as bad as I've made it out to be. But I still have a desire to just buy myself a petrol... Now, where do I get the money from...

akirk

Postby akirk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:59 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:ut I still have a desire to just buy myself a petrol... Now, where do I get the money from...

ahhh - that is called work :D - welcome to the post 18 world!

more seriously - if you enjoy cars, get onto pistonheads :) and start saving!

Alasdair

IcedKiwi

Postby IcedKiwi » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:26 pm

akirk wrote:more seriously - if you enjoy cars, get onto pistonheads :) and start saving!

Does anyone here go along to their Sunday Services? There's one on next weekend at Goodwood that I'm thinking of going along to (my first one if I go).

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:01 pm

akirk wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:ut I still have a desire to just buy myself a petrol... Now, where do I get the money from...

ahhh - that is called work :D - welcome to the post 18 world!

Well, I've got no time to work, because 6th form takes up my whole life, pretty much. When I'm not at school, I'm at home doing homework...

akirk wrote:more seriously - if you enjoy cars, get onto pistonheads :) and start saving!

Alasdair

I'm already on pistonheads, under the same username. I'm much more of a lurker on there, however, because it seems being under 30 and having an opinion is enough to cause you to get ridiculed by lots of their members :lol:

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:20 pm

Adamxck wrote:An Italian tune up was probably exactly what it needed :twisted:

This, time was those of us who started out on two stroke motorcycles grew up not afraid to use the full revs range of whatever we rode or drove.
Plus, experimenting about response in any gear, and what speed any gear will take, all legally of course.

Italian tune up, takes me back to when we had an Alfasud, they were prone to lethargy if not used properly and you could feel it. Discussing this with the service chap at the local dealers he said "Yes, we have a vicar who has one and he often brings it in complaining that it doesn't go right, despite us telling him what to do, we tell him to bring it in and leave it overnight. The workshop foreman takes it home."

fungus

Postby fungus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:37 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:
Adamxck wrote:An Italian tune up was probably exactly what it needed :twisted:

This, time was those of us who started out on two stroke motorcycles grew up not afraid to use the full revs range of whatever we rode or drove.
Plus, experimenting about response in any gear, and what speed any gear will take, all legally of course.

Italian tune up, takes me back to when we had an Alfasud, they were prone to lethargy if not used properly and you could feel it. Discussing this with the service chap at the local dealers he said "Yes, we have a vicar who has one and he often brings it in complaining that it doesn't go right, despite us telling him what to do, we tell him to bring it in and leave it overnight. The workshop foreman takes it home."

That reminds me of a conversation I had forty odd years ago with the mechanic/petrol station attendant in Wimborne.

Basically, when one of their elderly customers brought their car in saying that it wasn't going too well, it was given to the apprentice who was told to take it for a four or five mile run down the A31. It usually ran fine after that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:26 pm

fungus wrote:
That reminds me of a conversation I had forty odd years ago with the mechanic/petrol station attendant in Wimborne.

Basically, when one of their elderly customers brought their car in saying that it wasn't going too well, it was given to the apprentice who was told to take it for a four or five mile run down the A31. It usually ran fine after that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not called Horsepower for nothing. You gotta let the inner stallion out occasionally, a gallop not just always trotting.

Return to “In The News”