Proposal for new driving test regulations post initial test...

Post here for any improvements, ideas, thoughts you might have.

Are you in favour of the new proposed driving regulations?

Agree to all
No votes
Agree to some (please specify alternative)
No votes

Total votes: 0

Tracey_YCoung

Proposal for new driving test regulations post initial test...

Postby Tracey_YCoung » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:23 am

As a commercial driving and member of both IAM and RoSpa I've put together a suggestion which I will be forwarding on to those higher up, but first I'd like to know everyone's views, opinions and thoughts and hopefully get people's full support...feel free to ask questions too...

After witnessing some appalling driving by all and getting caught up in some cases. Plus the ignorance, it has got my blood boiling so much I've devised a proposal which I intend sending to DVSA, DSA and Department of Transport.

CYCLISTS
All cyclists 12years+ must undertake a theory, hazard perception and cycling proficiency test. Theory tests and cycling proficiency test must be undertaken every 5yrs. Cycling license must be carried at all times when cycling otherwise £500 fine will be issued. Following this they will also be issued with a licence plate to be be displayed on the back of the bike. The license plate will be made up WS88 TE13Y7 (the area of where said person's license is registered; year of birth; first 2 initials; first part of DoB; initial of last name; month of birth) that way if they jump lights or cycle inappropriately they can face penalties.

CARS
Every new driver needs to complete "Pass Plus" within first month of passing. Followed by a 2 day large vehicle awareness course to be taken within the first 3months of passing...covering all 3 sizes (Class 2, Class 1 and PCV) course will entail classroom and practical (practical will be undertaken displaying 'GREEN' 'L plates' front and back and will last 2hours) there will be an exam paper to conclude. After completing these 2 elements, there will be an Advance Skills Awareness Course (with the option to becoming a member of Advance Motoring - not compulsory) within the first and second year of passing.

Depending on age and frequency of driving everyone needs to under go a theory and driving test every 3-5yrs. License cannot be lost however, test will have to re-done if not up to standard within a month, otherwise penalties will be issued. As an incentive if they pass the test first time the exam fee will be refunded. Lessons are optional because ideally they shouldn't need lessons as standards should be being maintained.

COMMERCIAL VEHICLES (Class 2; Class 1; PCV)!
Test and theory test to be retaken every 3-5yrs depending on age.

License cannot be lost however, test will have to be re-done if not up to standard within a month, otherwise penalties will be issued. As an incentive if they pass the test first time the exam fee will be refunded. Lessons are optional because ideally they shouldn't need lessons as standards should be being maintained.

There will also be mechanical awareness course available in all categories which all commercial drivers will be encouraged to undertake. If course is completed in first 3yrs of obtaining the license, the course will be free. Practical assessment and multiple choice written paper.

For motor cyclists, the same will apply as for cars.

NB
If said person wishes to undergo lessons before their re-test this is there choice so will be paid for by the candidate. Test fee (reduced price from original) will only be refunded if the candidate passes first time as an incentive.
Attachments
received_211838793029329-1.jpeg
Draft picture of proposed new driving licenses
received_211838793029329-1.jpeg (468.31 KiB) Viewed 8784 times

jont-

Re: Proposal for new driving test regulations post initial test...

Postby jont- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:52 am

Please keep this to one place. Locked this topic. If you want to reply, use the thread in General Chat.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=871

Return to “This Website”