Like button

Post here for any improvements, ideas, thoughts you might have.
Bumblebee16

Like button

Postby Bumblebee16 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:17 am

Hi,
I would find it useful to have a "like" button on posts.
That way, you can show appreciation without having to quote and add a comment.
Debbie

akirk

Re: Like button

Postby akirk » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:44 am

Hi Debbie,

when we set up the forum last year it was all very quick so I put in software the same as the previous forum we were replacing, and thus it is quite simple software - unfortunately it doesn't have that functionality / no current extension to offer it...

If I have some spare time I might have a look at porting this system onto a better forum package, but as it is done non-commercially it is not a high priority currently... too many other things to do!

Alasdair

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:35 am

akirk wrote:If I have some spare time I might have a look at porting this system onto a better forum package

Nooooooooooooooo!

phpBB is easy to use and administer.

And very importantly loads quickly on most devices.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

devonutopia

Postby devonutopia » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Bumblebee16 wrote:Hi,
I would find it useful to have a "like" button on posts.
That way, you can show appreciation without having to quote and add a comment.
Debbie

#LIKE :cheers:

Although I don't want the group getting a little too much like facebook/twitter.

Bumblebee16

Postby Bumblebee16 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi Alasdair
Thanks for explaining.
As a "newbie" to this forum, I am still finding my way round all the various functions and how they work.
I will read up on some of the earlier posts, as I'm sure there are explanations for most of them.

I agree with GTR1400s comment above.
What you have works well, so it's not necessary to try a better package, which could/would cause problems and take up more time.

I also want to say what a great forum this is. Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. :)
Debbie

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:37 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:
akirk wrote:If I have some spare time I might have a look at porting this system onto a better forum package

Nooooooooooooooo!

phpBB is easy to use and administer.

And very importantly loads quickly on most devices.

Don't worry :D
I was looking at tasks the other day with various business partners and I think that I next have some free time in about 2030!

the only reason I would move from this software is if we ever got to a place where we couldn't protect against security issues / spam attacks - i.e. anything which affects my commercial / client sites on my server - or which ends up wasting too much time... But we are pretty okay on that front, so don't fear! :)

I am very much a believer that content is king - not gizmos at the expense of discussion

:drinking:

Alasdair

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Content = king

#LIKE

Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:23 pm

I might have to ban dodgy animated gifs though :D

Alasdair

Return to “This Website”