Introduction

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
Twinkydrip

Introduction

Postby Twinkydrip » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi I'm new here. I passed my IAM test in December and am quite keen to do the ROSPA one at a later date though there does seem to be rather a long waiting list for available tutors. I cancelled my application as I was fed up waiting. But then I thought that I could improve quite a bit so leaving ROSPA test for sometime in future might be beneficial. I will enjoy this forum I think.

Horse

Re: Introduction

Postby Horse » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Hello! As a stop-gap, have you seen any of the Chris Gilbert DVDs?
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Twinkydrip

Postby Twinkydrip » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:32 pm

Yes. He sent me them all and an e mail wishing me luck with the course. Seen them many many times.

RiK

Postby RiK » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:50 pm

Have you considered setting your sights on the IAM Masters test?
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

Twinkydrip

Postby Twinkydrip » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Not sure at the moment about Masters....will have to think about it. Would be fun to go all the way to the top in both IAM and ROSPA. Am a staff nurse in an emergency dept in a busy hospital so spare time is a factor. Needless to say nobody at work can understand why I want to do this hehe.

Horse

Postby Horse » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:19 pm

Crossover to being a paramedic, get the driving training for free? ;)

Twinkydrip

Postby Twinkydrip » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:25 pm

Nah. Too old. Been doing my job now for 40 years.
My mother was an IAM driver in the 70s. I still have her metal car badge....slight change in design since then i noticed.

hir

Postby hir » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 am

Twinkydrip wrote:Hi I'm new here. I passed my IAM test in December and am quite keen to do the ROSPA one at a later date though there does seem to be rather a long waiting list for available tutors. I cancelled my application as I was fed up waiting. But then I thought that I could improve quite a bit so leaving ROSPA test for sometime in future might be beneficial. I will enjoy this forum I think.

If you've passed the IAM test, then you don't necessarily need further coaching for the RoSPA test. The tests of each organisation are almost identical with a very similar minimum pass standard.

Horse

Postby Horse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:15 am

Twinkydrip wrote: might be beneficial

Following on from Hir . . . leading neatly to:
- Do you think there are either deficiencies in your driving, or areas where you'd like to improve?

Twinkydrip

Postby Twinkydrip » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:48 pm

Definitely areas i would like to improve upon...tips given me after my test.
Needless to say...the actual test WASN'T my best drive i felt. I did have the added ingredient of an extra examiner sitting in the back who was examining my examiner. I know he himself wasn't examining me but the mere presence of another examiner in the car made me slightly more anxious than i would normally have been. Also being a nurse i was subliminally picking up on any nerves my examiner had himself.

Return to “Introductions”