Intro

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
GeoffGrayer

Intro

Postby GeoffGrayer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Looking at the last posts, things seem to have got a bit quiet lately. But now I have arrived! :cheers:
I live in a small hamlet on the Berkshire Downs between Newbury and Wantage, and joined the IAM
via the Newbury Group following my retirement in 2003. I have just had a re-assessment by the Chief
Observer, and failed miserably. :cry: So he suggested I join ADHub and participate in some of the
events, to try and get back up to scratch. I have just purchased a new MX5RF, which didn't help, as I
had got so used to my old MX5 which I have driven for the last 15 yrs, but that road salt finally got it!

kfae8959

Re: Intro

Postby kfae8959 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Geoff - you are most welcome! And I'm delighted to hear that IAM Roadsmart groups are recommending AD Hub. I look forward to meeting you on a driving day soon.

My own MX-5 (an NB facelift) had a new sill and wheel-arch because of rust. It left me with no regrets, though!

David

Horse

Postby Horse » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 pm

Hello! Newbury IAM? :) Make sure you attend the evening events - we may get to meet :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

RiK

Postby RiK » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 am

Welcome aboard Geoff!
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

GeoffGrayer

Postby GeoffGrayer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks to everyone for your welcome!
Horse - Didn't you see me at the last meeting, scoffing all the biscuits? (I never buy any at home.)
I intend to attend future meetings whenever possible. But I have to say that horses are an extra
hazard here in Brightwalton, as there is a stud just round the corner! :x - Geoff.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 am

kfae8959 wrote:Geoff - you are most welcome! And I'm delighted to hear that IAM Roadsmart groups are recommending AD Hub. I look forward to meeting you on a driving day soon.

My own MX-5 (an NB facelift) had a new sill and wheel-arch because of rust. It left me with no regrets, though!

David

Ditto. Welcome Geoff.

David, Newbury's Chief Observer is an enlightened fellow - his toy is a black Cayman ...
Nick

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 am

GeoffGrayer wrote:Thanks to everyone for your welcome!
Horse - Didn't you see me at the last meeting, scoffing all the biscuits? (I never buy any at home.)
I intend to attend future meetings whenever possible. But I have to say that horses are an extra
hazard here in Brightwalton, as there is a stud just round the corner! :x - Geoff.

No, I'm not a regular or even a member. I'm doing (and must start preparing!) the Jan 18 meeting 'entertainment'. Mr CW's RoSPA crew and Swindon IAM have seen (enjoyed? :) ) my thoughts on training etc., but this one is work-related.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

GeoffGrayer

Postby GeoffGrayer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:08 pm

David and Nick,
I don't think I am giving away any secrets if I tell you that the Newbury Chief Observer is a member of this Group,
and attends driving meetings when his time allows.
Geoff.

martine

Postby martine » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Welcome Geoff.

There's loads of info and expertise and healthy debate here...an advanced driver's nerdy heaven.

Nice car...a modern classic.

Are there any particular aspects of driving you wish to discuss? If so, I suppose you should start a new thread in another sub-forum.

Hope to meet you next year at a driving day...assuming someone organises one.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Hello Geoff,

I'm just up the road in Steventon.

JIm

Return to “Introductions”