Howdy

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
it1gtr

Howdy

Postby it1gtr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:03 am

Hi All

Finally find the new forum, used to be nuster100 on the old forum.

Looking forward to doing a few driving days this year now I'm back in Yeovil

J

martine

Re: Howdy

Postby martine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:11 am

Excellent!

What are you driving these days?
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

it1gtr

Postby it1gtr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:19 am

Picking up a 2007 focus ST tomorrow :D :D

J

martine

Postby martine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 am

it1gtr wrote:Picking up a 2007 focus ST tomorrow :D :D

J

Good choice!
What colour?
ST1, 2 or 3?
Any mods?

Still got mine.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

it1gtr

Postby it1gtr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:45 am

Dont want to jinx it as waiting on final confirmation all is ready, but here she is!!!

It will be my 2nd Focus ST so looking forward to it, certainly don't expect a FWD car to be able to corner like they can!

J
Last edited by it1gtr on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:46 am

We had a 'sort of' ST for several years and it was one of the best cars we've had.
I say 'sort of' because it had the suspension and running gear of the ST but a diesel engine.
The car, as far as I am aware, was only ever produced for the Spanish market and served us very well indeed; aside from eating tyres it never let us down, not even a light bulb.

Welcome to the site.

jont-

Postby jont- » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:57 pm

sussex2 wrote:We had a 'sort of' ST for several years and it was one of the best cars we've had.
I say 'sort of' because it had the suspension and running gear of the ST but a diesel engine.
The car, as far as I am aware, was only ever produced for the Spanish market and served us very well indeed; aside from eating tyres it never let us down, not even a light bulb.

I wish car makers would do the opposite (ST engine, but small wheels, softer suspension etc).

martine

Postby martine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:54 pm

it1gtr wrote:Dont want to jinx it as waiting on final confirmation all is ready, but here she is!!!

It will be my 2nd Focus ST so looking forward to it, certainly don't expect a FWD car to be able to corner like they can!

J

Looks 8-) - is that a Moondust Silver ST3?

What's with the feint ST side stripes?

it1gtr

Postby it1gtr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:09 pm

Yes it is, I really like the faint stripes. Like the fact that its a 5-door as my old ST was 3 door.

Already talking to a friend who works for ford to prep it for Mountune 260 kit!!!

J

fungus

Postby fungus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:13 pm

jont- wrote:
sussex2 wrote:We had a 'sort of' ST for several years and it was one of the best cars we've had.

I wish car makers would do the opposite (ST engine, but small wheels, softer suspension etc).

The worst I've come across is my daughters R53 Cooper S with sports plus suspension and runflat tyres on 17 inch wheels. It had just as well be a go cart the suspensions so hard. Too hard to take full advantage of on the fast section of the B3081 at the top of Zig Zag Hill. :cry:

Nigel.

Return to “Introductions”