Hi from the West Midlands.

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
Mini Spirit

Hi from the West Midlands.

Postby Mini Spirit » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Hi Guys, I'm quite new to advanced driving, I'm from the West Midlands, I'm currently having lessons with the IAM, aiming for f1rst fingers crossed lol.

I thought I was a good driver before I started my training, but boy have I been brought swiftly down to earth, :o anyway hi all.
IAM F1RST

martine

Re: Hi from the West Midlands.

Postby martine » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi 'Mini' and welcome. Most drivers in my experience think they are good or above average...it's the problem of you don't know what you don't know but you've made the most difficult step in developing your driving by signing up! Fancy a driving day? There's one coming up in Shropshire in March - see the 'Driving Network' sub forum here - I guarantee you'll enjoy it.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

akirk

Postby akirk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Welcome to the forum and sounds grat that you are aiming for a f1rst :)
I will warn you - the more Advanced Driving you do:
- the more you realise how far your journey will be
- the more the bug gets you and pushes you to improve!

Alasdair

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:14 am

The real experience in my opinion starts after the IAM test. I passed with a F1rst, tell them you will do a commentary and not be prompted. That will score you a brownie point. If the drive is smooth, safe and legal. You should be on your way to the F1rst fingers crossed.

I agree with the other posts driving days, help you realise how much there is to learn. People are friendly and want to help which is always a good start.

After the IAM I'm sure people will be happy to help if you want to further your training.

All the best!

Regards,

Conor

Mini Spirit

Postby Mini Spirit » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Thanks for the great welcome guys, I will definitely consider the drive day.
IAM F1RST

Return to “Introductions”