Hello from Poland

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
WojtekS

Hello from Poland

Postby WojtekS » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:39 am

Hello All

This is Wojtek from Poland here. I am a safe / advanced /defensive / eco driving instructor based in Warsaw. The driving school I work at mainly trains fleet drivers in large companies.

I took an extended course with the IAM around six years ago. I had excellent instructors during that course, including jcochrane and vanman, who, as I can see, have moved to this forum too. Being coached by them was the most eye-opening and valuable experience. I have also taken ecodriving training in Belgium, and a number of other driving and coaching courses over the past ten years or so.

Also, I used to run a blog on safe driving and related topics at http://www.superjazda.blogspot.com. Most of it is in Polish but there is a small bit in English too so if anyone is interested, you are most welcome to visit.

I used to post occassionally on the ADUK forum but as that forum seems to have died, I have been encouraged by some ADUK users to move to here. So here I am :). My best regards to everyone.
Best regards from Poland

martine

Re: Hello from Poland

Postby martine » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi Wojtek and welcome...good to see a name from the past.

Do you ever visit the UK these days? If so, you might like to time it to coincide with a driving day!
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

WojtekS

Postby WojtekS » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Martine, I have been thinking of coming to the UK again, among others, to get back in touch with the AD community. I hope this will happen some day! Participating in a driving day would be a nice thing to do.
Best regards from Poland

waremark

Postby waremark » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Welcome back - back is right, this is really the same community.

akirk

Postby akirk » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Welcome!
Look toward to hearing more about what is happening in Poland...

Alasdair

WojtekS

Postby WojtekS » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:41 pm

What would you like to know Alasdair? :D
Best regards from Poland

akirk

Postby akirk » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:56 pm

WojtekS wrote:What would you like to know Alasdair? :D

It would be great to have a thread talking about what is / isn't happening in Poland, for those of us in the UK we have a strong tradition, but perhaps it is just one way of doing hints, and perhaps there are ideas we are missing?

Alasdair

WojtekS

Postby WojtekS » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:35 pm

I can try to write something over the Christmas break. Perhaps it will be interesting for some people here.
Best regards from Poland

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:54 am

Welcome along, I had no idea the IAM offered an extended course. Learn something new everyday.

WojtekS

Postby WojtekS » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:15 pm

If you come over from two thousand kilometres away and ask very, very nicely, you might be offered one :).

And quite seriously, my course being so "extended" was mainly the courtesy of my instructors, those mentioned above and other, who are not on the forum as far as I know. They simply spent a lot of time with me. So once again big thank you to jcochrane and vanman (if you're guys reading this).
Best regards from Poland

Return to “Introductions”