Hello from central Scotland

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
sped691

Hello from central Scotland

Postby sped691 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:59 am

Hi All,

Just a bit of an introduction from me (was also a member of that "other" forum"), i've read the forum entries over the lasy year or so but in the past few months decided to take it "seriously". I've recently joined the IAM and have had my first observed drive. I passed my test 15 years ago. I'm looking forward to picking up any tips and advice I can here.

Cheers

akirk

Re: Hello from central Scotland

Postby akirk » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:15 am

Hurrah for joining the IAM, how did your first drive go?
You will hopefully find a lot of help on this forum, so any questions do ask... just be aware that there is an 'IAM' way of doing things (which can be very helpful for moving you forwards in your abilities), but isn't necessarily the only way - you are likely to get a range of views here - but enjoy both... I did the IAM test 18 years ago, and then came back to advanced driving to push further forwards earlier this year - if nothing else you realise how much there is to learn!

Alasdair

fengpo

Re: Hello from central Scotland

Postby fengpo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:51 pm

The IAM is good for getting the basics together, I passed their test April this year with a F1RST. If I can help you with anything regarding the observed runs I will try, I only had a few spread over 6 months or so.

The real fun is when you explore other advanced driving options after the IAM. You are eager to learn more and are excited by the prospect of having a mountain to climb.

Best wishes with the observed runs and test. My examiner was a decent guy; I'm sure they all are. No need to be nervous drive the IAM way you'll be fine :)

Return to “Introductions”