New to this

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
Keithrm

Re: New to this

Postby Keithrm » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:02 am

akirk wrote:of course you can Keith, there are no real rules here (hey anarchists come on in!)...

only comment I would make is that there is a rough format to drivers' days (c.f. members' section) and they are ecumenical - i.e. no issue with people attending whether currently in RoADAR / IAM / or not - i.e. we wouldn't organise a RoADAR specific day through here (though no issue with mentioning or discussing it)... some attending will be very experienced drivers with many years or experience, some will be within the IAM / RoADAR system, others may have an interest but not yet done any training at all... as long as that works for you / others, then sounds great...

equally using several people from a club to organise a day can be very positive and helpful as it is easier to get together to organise it :)

Alasdair

Understood,we may be roadar linked but we are are all geared towards safer driving or whoever delivers it :D

akirk

Postby akirk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:09 am

Keithrm wrote:
akirk wrote:of course you can Keith, there are no real rules here (hey anarchists come on in!)...

only comment I would make is that there is a rough format to drivers' days (c.f. members' section) and they are ecumenical - i.e. no issue with people attending whether currently in RoADAR / IAM / or not - i.e. we wouldn't organise a RoADAR specific day through here (though no issue with mentioning or discussing it)... some attending will be very experienced drivers with many years or experience, some will be within the IAM / RoADAR system, others may have an interest but not yet done any training at all... as long as that works for you / others, then sounds great...

equally using several people from a club to organise a day can be very positive and helpful as it is easier to get together to organise it :)

Alasdair

Understood,we may be roadar linked but we are are all geared towards safer driving or whoever delivers it :D

fab :D

Alasdair

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:05 am

Keithrm wrote:is there ever any driving days in the north east?

The nearest I've arranged was near Richmond in Yorkshire, but that was slightly out of my normal area. TripleS has also arranged a day in Yorkshire. There was a Scottish Borders day some years ago.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

kfae8959

Postby kfae8959 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 am

Stewing away in the back of my mind is a day based at Slaidburn on the east side of the Forest of Bowland. I imagine I would include routes going north and east as well as west from there. I haven't been for a proper recce yet, but it looks like you can't go far wrong in any direction!

Watch this space...

David

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:16 pm

kfae8959 wrote:

Stewing away in the back of my mind is a day based at Slaidburn on the east side of the Forest of Bowland. I imagine I would include routes going north and east as well as west from there. I haven't been for a proper recce yet, but it looks like you can't go far wrong in any direction!

Watch this space...

David

Looking forward to the update, a nice long drive from me S Wales. Any excuse though :)

Revian

Postby Revian » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:30 pm

kfae8959 wrote:

Watch this space...

David

Slaidburn... Forest of Bowland.... NE? That's the dark lands of Lancashire surely. :D still to a Merseysider it's probably near enough... ;)
Ian

titian

Postby titian » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:20 am

Revian wrote:
kfae8959 wrote:

Watch this space...

David

Slaidburn... Forest of Bowland.... NE? That's the dark lands of Lancashire surely. :D still to a Merseysider it's probably near enough... ;)

Beautiful part of the norf with many excellent driving opportunities. Looking forward to further news.

kfae8959

Postby kfae8959 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:16 am

Revian wrote:Slaidburn... Forest of Bowland.... NE? That's the dark lands of Lancashire surely. :D still to a Merseysider it's probably near enough... ;)

No, it's very close to the Yorkshire border. The parish of Slaidburn is in the Diocese of West Yorkshire and the Dales, lying as it does well within the historic boundary of Yorkshire.

David

Revian

Postby Revian » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:47 pm

kfae8959 wrote:
Revian wrote:Slaidburn... Forest of Bowland.... NE? That's the dark lands of Lancashire surely. :D still to a Merseysider it's probably near enough... ;)

No, it's very close to the Yorkshire border. The parish of Slaidburn is in the Diocese of West Yorkshire and the Dales, lying as it does well within the historic boundary of Yorkshire.

David

I note 'very close' :D
Ian

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Bear in mind that North Yorkshire extends to within 10 miles of the coast at Morecambe Bay, but that's a very long way from Hexham where Keith's group are based :) (and it's even further to Slaidburn).
Nick

Return to “Introductions”