New to this

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
Keithrm

New to this

Postby Keithrm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 am

Hello
Thank you for the link on the ADUK site, I don't post much but I have enjoyed and took loads from the last forum, I hope to give something back in the near future ;)

fengpo

Re: New to this

Postby fengpo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:31 am

Hey buddy! Hope you enjoy the forum :)

akirk

Postby akirk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Welcome, you will gain the most by diving in and joining the discussion... No question is too silly, so feel free to ask... And join some driving days, the best way of advancing...
Alasdair

Adamxck

Postby Adamxck » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:45 pm

akirk wrote:No question is too silly

Unless you ask where the winter tyre thread is.
Adam.

Keithrm

Postby Keithrm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:02 pm

Thank you for the welcomes is there ever any driving days in the north east?

Revian

Postby Revian » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Welcome.....

Adamxck wrote:
akirk wrote:No question is too silly

Unless you ask where the winter tyre thread is.

And maybe the Pistonheads thread on changing gear where it's unclear 1 to 2 is up or down the box...

(Edited for auto-spell)
Ian

akirk

Postby akirk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Keithrm wrote:Thank you for the welcomes is there ever any driving days in the north east?

Driving days are where-ever someone organises them and anyone wishes to turn up :)
the forum is simply a place to chat, AD Hub doesn't organise anything at all (part my ethos of being bone-idle as much as possible!)
there is nothing to stop anyone organising a day, and there are plenty of people on here who would happily help someone do it for the first time, so if you are up for it - just post a thread asking for help :D

Alasdair

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:05 pm

North-East could be fun. There are some excellent driving roads up there ... let's go to Alston ... either way.

Keithrm

Postby Keithrm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:19 pm

Thanks for replies can I run this by my local club to see if I can generate some interest and come back to you?
Roadartynedale.co.uk coming up to its 2nd birthday as a club so quite new.
Keith

akirk

Postby akirk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:36 pm

of course you can Keith, there are no real rules here (hey anarchists come on in!)...

only comment I would make is that there is a rough format to drivers' days (c.f. members' section) and they are ecumenical - i.e. no issue with people attending whether currently in RoADAR / IAM / or not - i.e. we wouldn't organise a RoADAR specific day through here (though no issue with mentioning or discussing it)... some attending will be very experienced drivers with many years or experience, some will be within the IAM / RoADAR system, others may have an interest but not yet done any training at all... as long as that works for you / others, then sounds great...

equally using several people from a club to organise a day can be very positive and helpful as it is easier to get together to organise it :)

Alasdair

Return to “Introductions”