Sitting On The Fence

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
onlinegenie

Sitting On The Fence

Postby onlinegenie » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Another ADUK old boy here. I still visit ADUK and am waiting to see what happens. I'm sure I'll be staying here (it seems to be more active) the only question is whether or not I stay on ADUK as well.

Introduction in case anyone missed it when I posted one on ADUK: IAM member since 1983, spent some years as an observer (gave up when Merseyside IAM group ceased to exist). Took early retirement a year ago this month and most of my driving is now for social activities: archery and golf (as participant) and football as a supporter (Everton). Also, I love live music and drive to a lot of concerts - mainly Rock music, but I have a very wide taste.
Mark Syder (like the drink only not spelled the same way)

fengpo

Re: Sitting On The Fence

Postby fengpo » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:28 pm

Welcome along, personal choice whether to stay on ADUK. I popped in for a look earlier this week, I prefer the layout of this forum.

akirk

Postby akirk » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Welcome Mark,
No worries here if you choose to be on both forums, there was never an intention with this forum to close down ADUK, simply to provide a home for those who didn't wish to be on ADUK anymore, so ultimately it is all about the members, not the name of the place where they meet!

Interesting that you do archery and golf - both sports I have done very badly! Do you see any overlap as both are ultimately target sports...?

Alasdair

onlinegenie

Postby onlinegenie » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:00 am

akirk wrote:
Interesting that you do archery and golf - both sports I have done very badly! Do you see any overlap as both are ultimately target sports...?

Alasdair

Yes, there is certainly overlap in one aspect of coaching - line your feet up in the direction you want the ball/arrow to go. The only other overlap I've noticed is that I'm not very good at either!

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:20 am

@onlinegenie:

Nick

onlinegenie

Postby onlinegenie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:42 am

:D

Return to “Introductions”